Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

College Dorm

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by RecentlyScrewed, Oct 25, 2009.

1. Ok, so next year I am going to be in a Dorm at college and I was wondering, could I smoke in my dorm? I guess your allowed to smoke anywhere that is considered private but I don't know if the dorm counts.

2. i'm not 100% sure but I would think if the building is 'non smoking' you wouldn't be able to smoke inside.

3. That would have to be something you look up in your universities' student code of conduct or dormitory rules.

4. I highly, highly doubt it. I am a freshman in college this year and in my dorm you can't even have smoking accessories (i.e. pipes, rollers, etc.) If you wanna smoke in your dorm I suggest getting a nice vape. that should do the trick.

5. im not supposed to smoke anything in my halls (ciggies or reefer) but i do anyway and haven't had any trouble. i think it all depends on how frequently your room is checked and whether your flat mates are rats.

6. Dude... Stuff a towl under the door, grab a toilet paper roll, some drier sheets, and a lighter baby! Splooof that smoke and then use a tiny it of inscets for the smelling pleasure. :smoking: Come on now your a big boy, off to college. You know how it is man. Smoke like your back home trippen about your mom smelling something and cumen in the room while your hitten your home made bong.

7. idd reccomend deactivating the smoke dectector and making a spoof ... thats what i do and pray u get roomies who smoke or dont care

8. I was in the same spot as you. I haven't contacted the school about it, but if I was going to, i'd ask one of the cops around campus, just walk up and ask them. I smoke in my dorm room all the time though. My window faces a back road so no one ever walks back there, and it's 3 stories up. I don't use a sploof, I had tried and too much rolls back into the room. I find it easier to open my window all the way, take your hit, cover the bowl so smoke doesn't roll off it, and blow the smoke out the very top of the window. Hot air rises and gets sucked out, cold air sinks and gets forced in. I've done this a number of times and have never gotten caught or had any problems. It doesn't smell at all in the room and i've had no problems with the smoke detector.

9. Medical patients aren't usually covered in a University housing situation.

10. I have a vape in my university dorm, can't smell anything.
    The guy next to me has a nice bong, he just blazes in his room all the time with the window open and breathes out through a tube with drier sheets in it.

Depends on the college though.. you can get kicked out for tampering with the smoke detectors too..

11. If you want to medicate freely then you should look into getting off-campus housing.

You would probably be kicked out if you were caught smoking in your dorms.

12. I wouldn't recommend fucking with the smoke detectors. In my school, all the detectors are monitored so they'll know if you fuck with any of the alarms and you'll get fined for doing so. I blaze in my dorm every day, though. I do it in my bathroom, there's an exhaust fan that vents the smoke out. If you're super worried, you can turn the showers on, too. I know tons of people who do this and don't have a problem. I don't fuck with spoofs, either. Our dorms are checked every once in a while during routine fire drills, but as long as you aren't stupid and don't leave shit in plain site you'll be good.

If you get a vape you can pretty much smoke in any room without having to worry about detectors. I know a few people who do it; you'll get a bud smell but it's not too bad, you can mask vape smell pretty easy.

13. ok well I will have a Medical Marijuana license by the fall of next year and I plan on growing in my dorm too. Would that be a bad idea? Is there anyway I can do it legally and not get bothered? Isn't it concidered private? I have also heard taping a grocery bag like air tight over the fire alarm helps it so it doesn't detect it.

14. Don't do that. Someone on my campus got busted for covering up their smoke alarm while smoking bud. I guess covering it with a plastic bag caused condensation to build up over the alarm which set it off. As for growing, if you do it, keep it hidden.

15. If you plan on growing and smoking marijuana I would really consider getting out of the dorms. It's usually cheaper to live off-campus anyhow. I think you will be suprised on how much equipment you will need to start a good grow and I don't see how you would go about concealing it in a dorm room.

As for privacy you usually lose all privacy rights when you sign your agreement with your school. Your in their dorms, using their property. They can do whatever they want. Double check your agreement for any explicit privacy rights that they may have granted you (for example, a 24hr notice clause or something similar). Also I have yet to hear one case where someone was actually able to grow or even use marijuana on campus, without consequence, because of a medical marijuana recommendation.

Also a spoof or a vaporizer will be your best bet as far as smoking goes. Vaporizers are defiantly worth the investment.

16. Your dorm room is in no way private. It can be searched at any time with minimal (to no) cause. That being said, you can smoke all you want. We did 4 years ago, and the RA even gave people tips about keeping the smell out of the hallway. (put towels @ door isn't obvious sometimes)... Go ahead and smoke, but don't think that you are allowed to.