collective conciousness

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by skiandblaze, Dec 4, 2012.

1. posted this on my fb earlier thought i might share

what if there is so much more to this world and life than we know or think? that sounds like a dumb, often asked, even cliche question. the way we view the world is so simple, too simple if you ask me. what if emotions and thoughts played a bigger role in this world collevtivelly than we know? what if coincidences aren't real but mere projections of emotions and thoughts and the collective conciousness as a whole? say you think about your friend and then all of the sudden you get a call from them.. Just a coincidence right? what if it isn't 'just a coincidence'? what if coincedences aren't even real and we pick up on these vibrations or frequencies from the collective conciousness on a subconcious level? what if this is real and we start to realize it on a concious level? what if everything we did and thought contributed to the collective conciousness. to explain the collective conciousness, imagine every thought and action you do is put right in front of your face, invisibly almost, and put into the collective conciousness; then people can pick up on what individuals think through the subconcious. does this shape our whole world and existence? are we so one sided thinkers that we aren't even open to the possibility of something bigger and more real than we are living and experiencing? Imagine having a bad day and dwelling on negative thoughts that only contribute to the collective conciousness negatively, you can see it. negative individual thoughts and actions affect those around us, as do positive emotions and thoghts too. this is us taping into the collective conciousnss. what if we all thought positively and happy? would this cause a shift in conciousness? we are all one conciousness just experiencing life differently through experiences and other factors. We were all givin the same mind to an extent to start with and society and whatever else has shaped us. what if things we cant even see shape us. is seeing really believing? i perfer to feel things. what if everything i just said is real? what if ther is a bigger picture? could we become masters of ours and others minds as well as life as a whole? what if we realize these things on a concious level as a whole? maybe they would call that psychics; to tap into the collective conciousness and piece and break apart the meaningful and useful tools that are really there. all of this sounds so crazy and delusional but this life is crazy enough as it is and i am open to really anything; not saying i believe it, but it is a start. why just take in information and not base your life around you and what you have experienced; whether it be collectivley or individualized? i guarantee there is more to this life than meets the eye and i can also guarantee seeing is not believing in some cases. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised we really don't know anything and we are just playing the game of life living in this fake empire, just to die. well lets live. / end crazy post

2. Dude, that's real! People are just starting to wake up. Just before December 21st ;) Weird huh?

3. Agreed, ive seen so many lives transform in the past few months, including my own. I was always a very conscious person, but recently my hunger for personal growth has just been tremendous.

People around me, from who i wouldve never expected it are picking up Wayne Dyer books and googling something other than kim kardashians ass cheeks for once. Its phenomenal to see so many people wake up. :)

4. Dec 21 is a new era of spiritual growth. Or a higher consciousness if you will. Our plane is aligning with the galaxy and sun so that must be the reason for the shift in vibrational energy

5. This sounds crazy , but I have to admit that I have become kind of a sponge lately...
    I keep learning new things, and all of the sudden I have a need to keep expanding my knowledge...

6. #7 Boats And Hoes, Dec 6, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 6, 2012
    U should do some reading on Hegel... he has a lot invested stock in the collective consciousness (zeitgeist), as he wrote about it extensively.

The culmination, after so many years of evolution and growth, of the collective consciousnes, which is a result of the indelible dialectic, Hegel believed, will eventually lead to the implementation of the absolute -- the point where humans become sooo conscious and inter-related that they literally become "Gods" on earth with unprecedented power (not the sort of power which is defined by military and war). Humans, when they come to realize the potential and actuality of their collective consciousness, will be hindered no more by mundane material structures and primitive emotions; they'll, as a whole, have the strength to manifest the spirit of the absolute will.

7. Thank you very much, I’m just tryin to rid tha world of all these fevered egos that are tainting our collective-unconscious, and making us pay a higher psychic price than we imagined…-- Bill Hicks

8. holy shit i didn't ever actually read any theories into this. i thought about and wrote this down all while completely on a trip with lucy and piecing together past experiences and such. i realize that time with lucy was not nessecary but it was a short cut i guess. i really hope we do experience an evolution of conciousness but it almost seems not possible. there are so many seperations between us as people. like the deep south hilbillies, or just a completely random far off country. Could a shift of conciousness from a lot of people really be strong enough to contribute the the collective conciousness in that it creates a complete shift of conciousness for conciousness as a whole and for human beings as a whole? basically could some people experiencing a concious shift change everyone elses concousness because of the collective conciousness? i hope we only need a select amount of people to experience a concious shift to change everyones conciousness in the world because there are some dumb disconnected people these days.

9. #10 Boats And Hoes, Dec 6, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2012
    That's the thing, man... I don't know. Yes, there can be an evolution of consciousness, it's possible, definitely not impossible; but, who really knows? 2012 is supposedly the next step in Man's evolution, or it may be the NWO; the rise of a one world totalitarian state, which intends to enslave Mankind for their own benefit. At the end of day, there are so many theories out there about what "can" happen, each theory not being more credible than the other, but who's to say? - no one's to say what will happen in 15 days -- will it be our ascension or decline as a vast species?

The only thing to keep in mind is yea, Mankind is somehow connected chemically, all our minds are spawned by the same source or server, u could say (it's no accident how mind-computer analogies are so accurate and applicable); there may not be indisputable and tangible facts to prove it, but, there's something out there, some sort of higher energy which interconnects and animates all that "exists".

10. His name is God. 'I am the alpha and omega'

11. Dammit I wanna smoke what you are smoking!!

12. #13 Boats And Hoes, Dec 7, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2012
    No... just because I know there's a Higher power out there, does NOT give me the right to posit and affix emotional and mundane predicates to its being, i.e., the Judeo/Christian/Islamic conceptions of "God".

13. God is the general name for the higher consciousness. A rose by any other name still smells as sweet.

Attached Files:

14. #15 Boats And Hoes, Dec 7, 2012
    If u would've read my post carefully, u would've understood I was talking about the erroneous attributes imputed to the Higher power... and not his name/ label.

15. #16 Timesplasher, Dec 7, 2012

Its interesting but its already been done before eg -hippy communities, cults etc.

Anyway, who wants a bunch of other fools in ones consciousness more than needed?

Try make your idea and your expectations from it simpler. Then maybe its not so crazy.

16. oh my goodness! I've been thinking ALL of this to myself and I, too, have experienced TREMENDOUS personal growth over the last few months; and I have also wondered if this is to do with the consciousness shift. I've never been so close to believing this as I am right now.

I dunno if it's the weed or not but the other night I went for a walk and I just had this absolutely amazing level up spree. You know what I mean by "Level up" right? Like in a video game, you personally achieve a little mental "whoa i just learned something fuck!!" moment and that's levelling up. I've been doing that recently.

That night, though, my flatmate told me that if you put socks over your shoes you can walk on the ice. In hindsight, I feel a little "Godly" having walked across the ice when others struggled, so that's a thing that just occurred.

Anyway, I went for a walk and it was like "ding! ding! ding! level up! level up!" and I felt so connected to the universe and everything that ever has existed. I've been wondering about all the coincidences which have been in my life lately - there have been SO MANY but I can't decide whether or not it's just me noticing more or whether there's something bigger at play.

I'm almost certain that this is the case, though. Incubus, my favourite band, introduced me to this theory and I could never quite put it at rest. I read it once, years ago, and it just... stuck with me. But now it's suddenly becoming relevant - is it just our psychological response to the events that are occurring? Stirring in the Middle-East and the impending solstice... ?

It's the ONE theory that stands out to me; but I don't seek it out - it fucking FINDS me.
    It's finding all of us - or we're finding each other... ?

This is a lot to take in and a lot to think about. Sorry if that was all nonsensical ramblings but i expect it means a lot to some of you.

17. I have this drive these past couple of months to strive for personal and spiritual growth too. something is just driving me along with so many other people i have noticed. I feel like in the next 50 years people will look back at us as so primitive and wonder how we could let ourselves live this way and not tune into the bigger picture. i dont want to be the generation that just "still didn't get it". we are born, taught by our parents, and society and what others think is good and how they think an individual should live. i feel like we all just need to tune into the big picture and have a super connection beyond belief and have a family of all humans, nature, and existence really. I feel like the mayans and the egyptians were on a different concious level that we just cannot fathom. they knew how to align the pyramids with orions belt and so much more. Pyramids were built all across the world at the same time without other civilizations knowing. tell me thats not a coincidence that is the collective conciousness and their highly evolved concious minds tuning into each other. I'm not sure what pyramids are exactly for but i believe they are extremely powerful things in a sense. we basically just grow up and are taught by other people who have conformed society and don't learn ourselves and strive for spiritual growth. I believe from now on it will be the era of the individual, and not just take everything for what it is and believe everything we are told. Seperate and then recreate. The mayans didn't say anything about us dying on december 21st; they were highly evolved concious beings and i believe it marks the start of something new rather than the end. hopefully a concous shift of a select few of the world population will contribute to the collective conciousness and catipult it for a concious shift for all. There is just so much to this world that i have been told that i just don't beleive anymore; there is sooo much more going on on a energy, vibration and connected standpoint between literally everything than we know and i just know it. A lot of this sounds conspiracy nut-ish but i am open to it all. i am stoked for dec 21st haha and even more stoked because i turn 19 that day

sorry for the wall of text, bad grammar, and no paragraphs haha

18. dude i totally feel you on all those levels
    especially what you said about a few of us managing to push the others over a threshold into a new era of thought

19. True Spiritual growth is looking past form. Sure, learning new things come in handy, but the only thing that truly matters is the formless. When you are present, and not worried about the world of form, your thoughts are more inspired. A transformation is already happening, I'm not sure if its related with dec21st, but even western civilization is adopting these spiritual teachings that where mainly eastern.