Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Collecting Resin without boiling

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Hippyprincess, May 29, 2012.

1. First I want to start out by saying if you're going to just lecture me on smoking it just go on and move to the next forum. Unless you are going to be helpful dont even bother.

Hokay so. Ive been reading about cleaning and collecting resin from my glass pipe using rubbing alcohol/booze. I get how to clean it but im still a little foggy on how to collect the resin from the alcohol. Can anyone clear this up for me? Much appreciated. <3

2. Never really tried it but I think this is how it goes.

You know how hand sanitizer/anything with alcohol dries really quickly? That's because alcohol evaporates quicker than water.

So, I think you're supposed to do the normal cleaning routine with iso alcohol (but without the salt). Then, once you've gotten the piece to your desired cleanliness, remove it from the dirty resin water.

After that, just pour the resin water in a cup and let it evaporate, or straining it might work as well. it should be safe to smoke after that.

Again, I've never tried it, so if anyone else has the real info please share :D

3. First of all, look at where you're posting; nobody here's going to "lecture" you. lol

Secondly.

4. The higher the alc %, the faster it evaporates.
    :wave:

5. put it in a glass pan so it will evaporate quicker

6. i scrape mine, but rendy pretty much hit the nail on the head. just clean it with iso alcohol and dump it out in like a casserole dish, something that will leave just a thin layer of liquid, then itll evaporate and after the resins all dry, smoke it up.

7. Some people use an electric heating pad under a pyrex dish to accelerate the evaporation of the alcohol.

Alternatively you can use a double boiler method, place the dish of resin/alcohol on another dish of boiling water, like this, just be very careful as the alcohol is extremely flammable. :smoke:

[​IMG]

8. or you can just scrape clean like a normal stoner would do

9. [quote name='"budensity"']or you can just scrape clean like a normal stoner would do[/quote]

Well the way mine is made I can only scrape/smoke so much til it doesn't smoke anymore. Cause like a "normal Stoner"....that was my first instinct.

10. Is the negativity neccesary? Honestly, what is up people's asses lately, show some respect. This guy is asking a serious question and you are not contributing in ANY way to the thread. Thanks for posting though, we love seeing jerks post.

@OP

The process of cleaning your pipe to smoke the resin is similar to making QWISO.

1. Get a plastic zip lock baggy.
    2. Put your piece in there.
    3. Fill the bag with Isopropyl Alcohol 91% or higher
    4. Shake it for 3 minutes, or until you think the water is murky enough.
    5. Take your pipe out and rinse it with water, making sure to get all the alcohol off.
    6. Take the ziplock baggy with the murky ISO in it and put it into a pyrex baking dish to evaporate. (24 Hours is usually good)

Depending on your method of evaporation, it can come out different and the process is shorter.

If you put a fan facing towards the dish, it should evaporate quicker. As well, you can make a double boiler (pot of water w/ a pyrex dish on top) and place the ISO solution into the pyrex dish and it will evaporate faster that way. You can add a fan to this set up as well!!!

Good luck :smoke: