Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Collecting keif?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by willis30, Aug 27, 2012.

1. #1 willis30, Aug 27, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 27, 2012
    Hey,

I just got my new Sharpstone grinder and was wondering how much weed you have to go through to produce a fairly good amount of keif. So far I have ran through a half of dank through it. It doesnt look like theres very much keif in the bottome chamber yet.

My question is, how much weed do you have to grind up to give you enough keif for a nice thick layer, covering the bottom chamber?

2. I don't really know because I've never had a grinder but did you put like a coin in it or whatever?

3. 5-10grams of my dank usually gives enough to put on some bud that will end up smacking you on your @ss. :smoking:

4. few weeks ago we ran a quarter through a brand new grinder and had a lot, more than i thought we would. like enough to completely top 3 bowls

5. I know top bowls, I definetly have enough to cop a couple bowls but I was meaning enough to create like a full bowl of mainly keif and a little bud on the bottom.

6. we had enough for a full bowl after the quarter, maybe not a full to the max bowl but certainly could have filled it most of the way. i agree on the 5-10 gram estimate

7. grind enough buds to fill your grinder (with some wiggle room)
    Pop a coin in there (if your grinder has a magnet in it, use something that isnt magnetic > penny)
    Throw it in the freezer for a half hour and give er a good shake.

Crystally goodness in under an eighth of an ounce.

8. [quote name='"RedeyeJedii"']grind enough buds to fill your grinder (with some wiggle room)
    Pop a coin in there (if your grinder has a magnet in it, use something that isnt magnetic > penny)
    Throw it in the freezer for a half hour and give er a good shake.

Crystally goodness in under an eighth of an ounce.[/quote]

What ? Pop a coin into where? And what does freezing have to do with anything? I'm confused..

I'll probably do it if it gives me alot of keifs..

9. Put a coin in. It magically doubles the amount of kief you get.

10. I throw a nickel in the part holding the weed, shake it around, and you will have keif somewhat fast. It takes a little while of shanking but it does happen

11. Step 1: put a coin in the screen part of your grinder (where the weed falls to)
    Step 2: grind up your weed and fill that chamber up.
    Step 3: stick her in the freezer for a while (30min works great as said above)
    Step 4: grab your grinder from the freezer and give her a good shake for about a minute.

What this does is when you freeze your weed the trichomes become brittle and fall off a lot easier. Added with the coin knocking around in there moving the bud around it makes a LOT more keif fall down.

12. It'd take me about a quarter to get a good amount of kief.

I got a pollen box not too long ago and I get at least 3-4x the amount of kief.

13. Took me about a zip to get about 1/4g of keif. Maybe I need to pursue this coin trick haha

14. never tried this before... my grinder is currently in the freezer, lol :)

15. Yeah you put the coin in the compartment of your grinder that holds all you ground up goodness. And the freezing just makes the trichome stalks more brittle so the coin can knock them off easier.

16. I smoked my keif, ended up having way more than I thought and I got ripped as hell! I love keif!

17. i always save my kief , whenever im dry i have like quarters&oz's of kief left Lol kief is the best

18. 6g got me a good amount of keif that got me on my ass quickly. I have a 3 chamber grinder that isn't the greatest but does collect up ok, and I've another sharper grinder, that I slam onto a very smooth surface (glass) that builds up enough keif to be swept up and into the storage chamber :)