Coldest temperature you've planted in?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Kirix, Apr 4, 2009.

1. I need to transplant my seedings, that are situated in peat moss cups, to outdoors. However, it is still a bit too cold where I live (SE USA). I was impatient because I thought the weather was going to be nicer around this time and I'm sure the roots in the cups are bottoming out. It's nothing to worry about because they are just some swhag seeds and they are expendable. I was wanting to know what was the lowest temperature your plants have undertaken and still survived.

Thanks

2. I live in Alaska and i planted in the snow once and grew ice nugs.

true story

3. canada(49n), it gets a little cold sometimes.. the coldest ive had stuff out was like 3 degrees celcius(37f) or somewhere around there

fuckin weather:confused_2:

4. About 20 C.

5. They'll survive very low temps, but keep in mind that growth slows to practically nothing when the temps fall below 45-50 degrees. It will avail you nothing to put them out too early because they won't grow much at all. I doubt they will die, however. In the south, Easter is considered to be the final frost date (depending on where you are it could be earlier).

6. #6 Corto Malteze, Apr 4, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 4, 2009
    Yeah don't be in a hurry. There's still a lot of time. They'll flower and finish at a certain date regardless of the starting date. A few weeks won't change the size that much and avoid frost problems as Danko said.

7. 29*F i worried all day at work but when i got home. i checked and they were just fine. :hello: i yielded 3.5oz :)

8. yea ive planted in 40 F and theyll survive... just dont expect any growth until it warms up for a while.

9. just wait until after at least 4/20

10. or plant them ON 4/20... what a birthday :smoke:

11. 30 degrees F still growing healthfully.

12. mine are outdoors right now and im in michigan. They have survived 2 snows so far and Monday and Tuesday SE michigan is going to have a 4-9" snow. Praying that they will survive. they are roughly 2 and a half weeks old :(

13. Made the mistake of planting too early last season. All survived 2 nights of frost. Some had no frost damage, others did have damage. The plants which were damaged had the main leaves fall off, and the node sites began to grow. They are tough plants