Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Cold Weed?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by chikyosci, Jan 11, 2012.

1. I've read in the edibles section that some people chill their weed before baking. Does this have any effect on smoking it? Just randomly curious since I wanna try some new stuff in our next session since it's been so long since I've ever gone high off my ass.

2. I think it's just for storage so it doesn't spoil?? Not sure, never had so much that I'd want to freeze it

3. I used to store some of my stash in the fridge when I was really paranoid as a new smoker and it didn't have any ill effects, but make sure it's in an airtight container so condensation doesn't develop...wet weed is BAD...mold will grow. Actually, I'd think cooler temperatures would preserve the weed longer, because I think that the THC degradation that would happen slowly over time is going to happen even more slowly (just like how chemical reaction rates slow down with cooler temperatures most of the time).

4. People freeze their weed before making extracts such as bubble hash, qwiso, cannaoil/butter, because the trichs harden up and become brittle so seperate from the vegatation better as you end up throwing the veg away and want to extract as many of the trichs as poss.

Also you can freeze well dried weed to increase its shelf life but only really worth while if your storing for over 6 months.

Cold weed is no more potent than warm weed so no, chilling weed is pointless unless youplan on making extracts.