Cold weather

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by FlipQc, Oct 3, 2015.

1. Just need advice. I have my Jack Herer that is in her 7th weeks flowering. My plant looks healthy and well but Everyday I'm worry about the Cold nights We're having in Québec. Getting average 2C to 5C. I Wonder if I take the risk to finish it at week 10 or should I start to flush now and finish it earlier. The pistils are still White. Few orange hair but not quite ready yet. I Wonder how Cold can it get and does it slow the process. I'ts my fourth grow and first one outside. Hate the stress about it. Should have picked a 8 weeks strain. Well ! Now I know.

2. Its shouldn't hit it might turn purple do to it being cold nothing to worry about tho

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

3. Facing same problem in lower SC. Cold weather and lots of rain. Today I bought a portable greenhouse from Lowes for 40 dollars. It will protect plants. Also invest in a frost blanket. At Lowes its gonna be right next to the greenhouses

4. But I Wonder if it drops below zero degree. Does the roots will die ? I gave my girl her last feeding à few days ago. I am planning a first flush in a few days. Hope I'll have enough time to finish it on time. Its an awesome strain.

5. I have had weed out in light frost without a problem. A hard freeze will kill the plants, but if the night time temperature merely drops to 0 C or slightly below, they should be fine. With something like Jack Herer, I would let it go longer, if you possibly can.

6. It dipped down to 34 degrees F (1 Celsius) here in NE for only one night and no problem. The plant is mostly water and a hard freeze will cause ice to form inside plant, puncturing the cells. The plant dies. Since you are so far north, you are working on borrowed time. Let em go till a hard freeze then pluck em. I'm happy with my first guerrilla grow but had to harvest my Haze plant a week or two early due to constant rain. My Haze#1 plant reached a height of 10 feet. You really can grow some killer bud in NE but chances are you will lose a few plants to animals, bugs, rot, mold. 2 of my plants got eaten by deer so I bought some Milorganite and sprinkled it all around. No animals ever went near the plants again.

7. There was mold in few heads. Had to harvest before it got worst. Cold nights caused this as I took care that rain didnt touch the plant. It sucks. I had another 10 days to go. I flushed then 4 days later I harvested. Lost around 25% of bud Because of mold. Hope it get good.

8. There are so many variables growing outdoors and I'm happy I got the yield I did. Lots of work, especially with this very dry summer....constant watering required.