Cold Weather

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by mavallon, Aug 21, 2012.

1. Hey Fellas, some nights have been getting in the 50s. Should I be worried?

2. No 50's isnt to bad. But the closer you get to the freezing sides of things the slower your plants are gonna grow. If you get purple new growth its cause P getting locked out from cold.

3. What can you do to fix that? I have purple new growth myself..

4. Me too, was wondering that was. I wound up just cutting the tops off as it was just a few little guys

5. Man I know you have heard of "purple" weed. Why would you cut that shit off? Some plants cold stress more than others. Oh well.

Never a good Idea to play "operation" with a flowering plant.

Scissors are for cutting the string you LST with not cutting your plants.

"Man you aint looking too good, lets just cut a couple fingers and toes off to see if that helps".

GOO- "Im only grillin' you cuz I care bro. Your big ole bitch is bangin' and I dont want to hear 'bout no cuttin' till harvest"

VOO

6. Any decent strain of cannabis will shrug of a light frost without any harm at all and really hardy varieties can handle repeated light freezes without serious damage. Many afghani containing strains come from mountainous area's where sept. frost are common. These strains arent affected by cold snaps.

Pure sativa's and indoor punies can be a bit sensitive.

7. Nah this shit wasnt no purps, it was some knargly looking purple contorted leaves with black pistils and it looked to be spreading, I think it was some kind of mold but I stopped the issue right before the feds blew up my spot.