Cold water during flowering

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by edwardvanhalen, Sep 27, 2011.

1. Yes i can understand what you mean and i know that you know what you are talking about toasty. You have a lot of green dots lol. But I guess it wouldnt hurt if you did it only the last couple days like he said. But i wonder how much color can you possibly get only doing it for 4 days. Peace

2. Thanks for the advice man, it seems like you're the only one who knows about it. Are you a wizard or something. Good advice thought man im gonna try it. Peace

3. Do you use molassess during the flowering period? Peace

4. How would you know that its not why ppl do it. I am going to do this for my first time and thats why i am doing it. I want more color to come out. You know what im sayin bra. Peace

5. Molasses is great for flowering. It has trace amounts of calcium and magnesium. As well as 210mg of potassium per tablespoon. I used it as a supliment to my nutes

6. Hmm i have 2 auto blueberry plants growing in an aerogarden. will this work if i fill it up with cold water the last week? or does it need cold water for longer than a week? someone halp never heard of this :p

7. #27 chittyAdvice, Sep 28, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2011

Colors don't get cha high, However, extra resin and trichs do. And, you don't need to ice water flush to bring out the colors. All you gotta do is drop your night time temps to a low 57-58 degrees, And BAM! All the purple, pink, and blue colors you can shake your stick at. You know what I'm sayin' "bra".

8. How would you drop it?

9. #29 chittyAdvice, Sep 28, 2011

Window AC, or a portable AC. And believe me, Window ACs are much cheaper than portable ACs.

10. I've done both, Ice water flushed and dropped temps. I love the results. You only need to get in 2 good ice water flushes inorder to increase trichs and resin. And, if you plan on dropping your temps, you'll only need to do it for the last 7-10 days of harvest.

11. Ya I know that if u drop the temps during flowering u get more color. I've known that for awhile BRA. I didn't know about the ice water thing until Kb told me about it. So get the facts right BRA. Peace

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Woooo this a good thread. Lots of good info. I'm going to be doing the ice water for my girls. And whoever asked about molasses, the way I look at it is why not? It feeds the organisms in the soil which in turn feed the plant. And I've heard it gives it a nice sweet taste to the buds. Keep blazin

13. #33 chittyAdvice, Sep 28, 2011

Good for you, "bra".

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. [quote name='"chittyAdvice"']I've done both, Ice water flushed and dropped temps. I love the results. You only need to get in 2 good ice water flushes inorder to increase trichs and resin. And, if you plan on dropping your temps, you'll only need to do it for the last 7-10 days of harvest.[/quote]

If doing ice water flushes on soil would u do it let soil dry then do it again, or back to back. I wanna try?

15. I would imagine that you would spread the ice over the soil then wait till it dries to do it again. I may be wrong, we will have to see what kb says. Cuz i want to know about it too. Peace

16. #36 chittyAdvice, Sep 29, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2011

It's really up to you man. I do 2 ice water flushes, in 2 days. Once a day. Then, I let 'em sit for about 4 days before I chop.

17. I disagree, after all this thread was started as a question on how to bring out purple. ;)

When people discuss ice flushing plants, it is usually and most often described to bring out purple ;)

If someone was to start a question how to get more res production the last days of bloom, The most common and popular answer would be to use the 24- 72hours of dark before harvest method. ;)

18. how many days do i need to ice flush?

19. If one were goin to try the black out method.. would it be possible to toss black trash bags over a couple of 4' plants in the garden for the last 3 days?

20. Would placing cups of ice around the plant help cool the temps down? (Right before lights out)

I'm growing in a pretty small area, so I figure maybe a glass or two of ice?

What do you guys think?