Cold Turkey

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by jakehopt, Oct 14, 2008.

1. So I've been dipping for a while now, and due to unforseen circumstances, I must quit immediately.

My last dip was Saturday night, now it's Monday night, I haven't had any real cravings that I can't control.

Any advice?

2. are you talking about tobacco?

keep doing what you're doing its seems like its working so far

3. I can't imagine quitting dip being all that hard, but then again some people say cigs are just as addictive as H, so what do I know.

4. By no means am I looking for any sympathy, it's really not that difficult to quit

I'm mainly posting so people know, that way, I feel more motivated to not let anyone down, especially those who I tell.

5. Got a girlfriend that says that shit is disgusting eh? If you've not had any real cravings so far you should be fine, this means your addiction is probably only mental. You got this.

6. good job, i would say quit cigs and smoke weed baby. you must be on the right path and you are stronger then your past addiction. nice.

7. i quit about 2 1/2 weeks ago and am still having cravings, it more of the "i have nothing else to do and no weed, man i'd love a dip" but you will survive as will i... stay strong brother!

8. what a coincidence i to am trying to put down the dip. i am having a little more difficulty though. i've bought my "last can" 5 times now. i keep getting stressed out and wanting to throw in a lip. i'm gonna have to get serious about it here soon. maybe some nicotine gum would help but that shit is expensive.

9. I've seen people get addicted to the gum so i would probably just ween myself off of it in the way i most enjoy taking it being; smoking, dipping, snuffing whatever. Though maybe weening yourself off of nicotine in the way you enjoy it the least may be more effective, i don't know just ween off it if you are having problems.

10. keep on truckin man and dont go back

i recently quit smokin cigs and i feel awesome
    dont even want them :)

yay!!

11. Wait wait wait, what complications came up that you absolutely had to quit?

I remember what mine were, and that was that my teeth were turning yellow, and I could feel that there was more gum missing on the left side of my mouth that the right. Not noticeable, unless it's your mouth kind of thing.

Other than that, finding out that cancer can be dominate in my family, I figured I wouldn't egg it on with a regular basis.