Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Cold Turkey

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Gimme Half, Feb 12, 2013.

1. So my friends..I know there has been many posts like this one in the past but I would like to hear it again.

Some issues have arose in my life in the past 2-3 weeks and it has led to me having to stop smoking. For multiple reasons that I do not want to get into.

I need to stop. Today is the first day and I'm already thinking about when my next smoke is. I've beens smoking for years now and for me to just stop cold turkey.. well it's very hard.

I come here to ask for any tips on how to cut down on smoking? How did you do it? What should I do?

Now this isn't going to be like this my whole life. But when issues arise sometimes you have to make certain decisions to get through them. and this is one of them, trust me lol.. so any advice? what type of plan should I go with?

is cold turkey actually the way to go?

2. #2 firecat318, Feb 12, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2013
    Are you talking about quitting cigarettes or weed? Quitting weed "cold turkey" is not a problem... your post sounds like you're trying to quit cigarettes. If it's about quitting weed just exercise more and try to keep yourself busy with activities that you genuinely enjoy.

3. Just stop. It's as simple as that, man. Gather up all your toking utensils, and stash them away somewhere so you won't see your piece and bud every time you glance at your desk or something. Try to exercise or read or play video games or basically do anything that will just keep you occupied and your mind off the ganj.

If you're an insomniac, like myself, sleeping will be a bitch and bedtime will be a pretty tempting time to spark up a bowl. Try taking melatonin if you have to, or even valerian root(don't have too much experience w/ that myself)...

Last but certainly not least, it is just marijuana. Not crack, heroin, or cigarettes. If you actually want to stop smoking, then you will and it really won't be that difficult. It just takes self control.

4. I really hope you're talking about cigs and not weed because that's pathetic if you are having trouble quitting weed.

5. The main thing is to not think about it. AT ALL. If you catch yourself thinking about it change subjects. You'll just torture yourself if you crave it all the time.

6. I tried quitting cold turkey, cold turkey. Never again

7. Hey man its definitely tough quitting smoking weed... Nowhere near as hard as cigarettes, but nonetheless its difficult to do. It's tough for me to just take a T break... I can't imagine trying to quit! :O

When i'm taking a T break, I usually just make sure I don't have any bud left. If you are dry, you're less likely to go over to your bong and just rip it without thinking about it...

If you are having so much trouble to the point where you call your dealer and buy more weed even though you are trying to quit, well I don't even know what to tell you...

good luck :D