Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Cold kill your buzz?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by theprof, Feb 25, 2009.

1. I always find that when i smoke in the cold it totally prevents me from being high. Then as soon as i get inside I realize i'm high as balls. Anyone else feel like this?

It is currently 17 degrees here in Boston.I just smoked outside, and didn't realize i was high until i logged into grasscity:smoking:

2. I think heavy shivering could possibly be a buzz kill.
    I know for sure sweating and hot weather is a major buzz kil.

3. yep. i never feel stoned until that moment i come inside and hit the couch. then i get totally rocked. so fun...

4. ya I get that,
    it's not that Im not high at all when I'm cold,
    it just hits me harder when I move to a warmer location.
    luckily for me, I rarely smoke in cold weather.

5. I get that as well when I smoke outside and it's real cold. I still feel high, it just really hits me hard once I get snug again back inside.

6. man this doesnt happen to me, i love going outside smoking a bowl or something and a stoge and just enjoying the cold

7. yea i don't really get high if i smoke outside when its cold. I just advoid it cuz i learned like 5 yrs ago that it works that way on me.

8. Yeah man I go to school in NH and whenever me and my buddies go outside into the freezing cold high I just lose it until my body gets itself warm again.

9. True.. Smoking while my balls are freezing is indeed a buzzkill, but hey, the sun makes me 10times as stoned as normal!:D

10. like stoner birdman

11. theres been times where ive been so cold and numb that i couldnt feel my high (the body buzz anyway.. headchange was still noticable)

12. it actually gets me higher...way too high actually..i may be slightly buzzed but steppin into freezin weather fucks me up...and i like it..lol

13. I agree with ya OP. I feel like i get dont get a full out high when im shivvering. Although, id rather smoke in the cold than on 90+ degree days. When its hot as hell and im stoned i feel like i get a headache really easy. gotta love A/C

14. I like to keep it indoors.

15. fuck the cold...smoking on the beach with the sun shining super bright is where its at

i try to avoid the cold as much as possible lol, it really kills my high

16. Yah I find I'm not high until I come in from the cold either. -25 here, its fucking brutal.

But smoking bud when its like +30 in the summer is fucking awesome. I don't think I'd ever complain about the heat, its the cold I hate. :smoke:

happy toking GC

17. Probably the same reason alcohol has a similar effect. It has been warmer here lately (80F) and I haven't had any problems. When we go snowboarding, it does take quite a bit more to feel anything.

Cold weather makes your body constrict blood flow to your extremities and your head, to preserve your internal organs.

18. yeah, i love smoking outside a lot more than smoking inside, but cold weather does kill your buzz. now if its warm out...

19. ther is nothin better than sittin on the beach blazin in the middle of summer. But yeah cold sucks.

20. I thought that it was proven that if you smoke outside in the cold it gets you higher? Maybe you just dont feel it till your inside tho...