Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Cold infusion?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by LoveoftheHerb, Sep 27, 2013.

1. Hey GC, I don't have much experience with edibles, but I had some shake lying around that I figured I'd make into some canna oil.
    I decarbed the weed for no more than couple minutes in the oven on a low temperture (made my kitchen reek for a bit), and then I threw it in some melted coconut oil. I've been letting it sit for about 5 days as to get a cold infusion.

Its now got a nice green tinge and I'm so tempted to try some.
    So I ask you this GC... Should I go for it and strain the plant matter outta this stuff? Or should I just wait it out and let it infuse a bit longer?

2. Not even a damn view??? BUMP...

3. How many grams of shake to how much oil?

It could go for longer but I would either let it sit for a week or 2 longer or use heat to hurry it up. You could seal it up with foil and put in the oven at ~225-250F for 90 minutes. Straining isn't quite necessary since it's shake but that's up to your preference. I like freezing my oil after it is done. It keeps it well preserved and some say it even breaks down the cannabinoids further which increases the amount that your body absorbs. So you could freeze after you heat it (obviously letting the dish cool down before placing in the freezer so the drastic change in temp doesn't crack it), but that is up to you.

As far as trying it out... Why not? I say go for it. Depends on the ratio of shake to oil, so I can't really tell you how much to take. Better to start off very low just in case. Edibles can definitely hit you incredibly hard if you eat too much so be cautious. I would not go over 1/4 tsp to start. Wait no less than 2 hours before increasing dose.