Cold grow medium + mars hydro 300

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by reikai, Jan 17, 2017.

1. Hello all! I recently took temps of my anticipated grow medium and average between 58 and 60 degrees F. I will be using the Mars Hydro 300 in a 4ft x 2ft x 5ft tall tent. My question is will this light produce enough heat to give me some decent grow temps? Will I need to figure something else out? I do have a 4inch inline fan and carbon filter for exhaust, planned to use passive intake with one of the port ducts open....any input would be appreciated, thanks.

2. sound strategy, but you may need 2 of those lights for your tent.

3. I have cfls so i dont generate nearlly enough heat. Bought a £10 heater from agros, using the thermostat on it i can keep it 21-24 degrees. It activates once and hour or so. Fastest solution i found. Hope this helps buddy!

4. Thanks for your replies! Do you think if I added in a 6500k 65 w cfl along with a regular light bulb that this could help increase ambient temperature? (Both of the bulbs would use a 8 in reflector)

5. Nah man a mars 300w pulls 148 actual watts. Thats about enough light for one plant and half your tent. It might raise your temps if you dont use constant exhaust.

Im in a 4×2 also. I have 3 300w mars leds. Pulling about 450 from the wall. Temps get too high with all three running so i had to step down to two (around 290w) in the summer, all three in the winter.

Currently dropping all the mars leds for cob leds. High wattage leds. Instead of 60 3w's. Im running 6 100w's for around a 300w draw. Same wattage, much more canopy penetration.

8sq ft at 30-40w per
    Another 300 should do ok. But just ok.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

6. Good information thanks guys. I recently did a dry run temps ranged from 66 - 72 F with just the cfl and mars 300.. if I had in a normal light bulb that should take er up a few degress right? I got a WW auto germinating at the moment :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. So I went ahead and threw in a 75W light bulb..this is keeping temps at a steady 72 F jumped up to 73 F once lol..humidity is rather low at 29 % just waiting on my White Widow to poke through:p