Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Cold Ethanol Alcohol Extraction

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by SpicyFishTacos, Nov 8, 2010.

1. I have been searching far and wide for personal experiences with using a cold alcohol extraction method. I've done the "warm" method before with stunning results. Seems to make since by keeping the container in an ice cold environment would be ideal method of extraction with no loss. I have a batch going right now (8 days into) that I am hoping will be somewhat potent, but not to overwhelming.

I guess what I'm getting to is this, have you done the cold method? (I'm not asking how-to) What were your experiences with your tincture using this method?

I've read the guides and the AAMC version says that the process is complete in 2-3 days versus months or longer. I know the longer I let it sit the better the potential end product is. Is this the case with the cold method as well? It would only make sense that letting it sit longer will be better.

2. Well, maybe im misunderstanding something, but to my knowledge, keeping the mixture in a cold environment would slow the process, not make it more efficient. Heat is a catalyst to the extraction process, and therefore, the hotter the environment (to an extent and time constraint) the quicker the extraction; not more potent.