Cold closet?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Soxfantony773, Nov 26, 2012.

1. i am going to start a 400w hps only grow and am concerned with the temp in my closet. its getting pretty cold in Chicago and my closet is fucking freezing. i dont have a thermometer but id say its around 50df in there maybe less. would this be a good or bad thing?

2. Needs to be 70+ and humid like a warm wine cellar

3. My flower room gets down to 50 as well. I live up in the sticks in Norcal.
    I just run a small radiator heater ( really good on electricity and zero chance of overheating or fire ) but lately Ive been using a giant seedling mat. Its a heater for the roots basically.
    Ive had no ill effects, although I do tend to pic strains that are more cold resistant in the winter and dont let the amb temp get below 55-60.

4. im thinking the 400w will heat it up a good amount its not air cooled.i have been scared of too much heat for most of the year, until i went in there the other day i was like holy shit! i am planning on just putting a small desk fan in there and seeing what happens

5. A friend who lives near me uses a couple sealed one gallon jugs of water in his room. He doenst air cool his hood in the winter and the jugs heat up during the light cycle, and hold heat for hours afterwards.
    There are alot of different ways to approach the problem of a cold room, and Ive found its easier and cheaper than fixing a hot room!
    Not even mentioning the purple shades I get from plants in the cool weather is awesome!

6. Can you not run a heater in the room during lights off?

My area gets very cold in winter, some strains really don't like it while others just turn purple. Now I just run a small heater problem solved :smoking:

7. when i switched to 400w hps the temps skyrocketed, and now i have a heat issue :p

8. thats what i feared. my closet reflects the outside temps so ill have that problem in the summer too im sure.