Colbert V for Vendetta Subliminal Flash

Discussion in 'Politics' started by aaronman, Feb 25, 2011.

1. #1 aaronman, Feb 25, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 25, 2011
    Just watching Colbert on my DVR and he's talking about the power of the internet group "Anonymous" with Glenn Greenwald, and 1 frame has the V for Vendetta mask over Colbert's face.

The show makes no mention of it... did anonymous do that?

Am I tripping balls?

edit: found something, tune to :35

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5RlmS5YlBM[/ame]

:D

Pretty cool if this is them coming out in favor of wikileaks and anonymous. I wonder if Viacom OK'd it?

2. #2 Jimi Thing, Feb 25, 2011
    I must have missed it. I doubt it was anon, but I wouldn't be surprised if Colbert's crew slipped it in there for shits n giggles when they were putting the show together. It's pre-recorded.

Edit after seeing the vid: Holy shit! Nice catch. That's kind of creepy.

3. Shit.

I see it at :37, but it's sorta faint and literally a frame.

Now. Why the hell would you videoshop (what the fuck is a videoshop?) that in?

4. Ya it kinda freaked me out, haha. I had a feeling about a minute after seeing the glitch and rewound and slow-mo'd it.

When I made the thread there was nothing on google, now the whole front page is full of it, lol..

5. You must have a great attention span, I'd never notice something like that, much less follow-up on it.

6. Went on /b/ to check out their thread on colbert, someone posted this screencap

[​IMG]

7. Wow... HAH. I missed the episode, but going to watch it now. Intense... intense..

8. #8 CREAM, Feb 25, 2011
    We need to submit this thread to the proper authorities and get Aaronman his rebate check he rightfully deserves from the gov'ment! Surely there's a tax break somewhere in there filed under something like "discovery of cultural artifacts." Haha. :smoke:

9. On a side note, anyone see the interview with WBC Shirley Roper, anon hacked the site after they claimed it was unhackable... oh lawd.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZJwSjor4hM]YouTube - Anonymous Hacks Westboro Baptist Church Website During Live Confrontation[/ame]

10. Yea, haha. I saw that earier today. Wow, people actually believe what wackos got to say..

Gee.

11. And yeah, just saw Colbert on TV, that V for Vendetta flash is legit as it can get. :cool::cool::cool:

12. "He was all of us."

13. WEstboros site is still down lol, they got fuckin RAPED

14. Colbert has always been a fan of both Guy Fox and V for Vendetta. He mentions it every 5th of November.

Remember Remember the fifth of November

15. But the question remains, what year?

This year.... Next year... two....?

16. I watched a re-airing of the episode early this morning and the Subliminal Flash didn't happen. :confused:

It just gets curiouser and curiouser

17. Guy Fawkes was just a Jesuit tool for the Vatican. :cool:

18. Guess that means they didn't get approval from their masters.

Respect :cool: