Cola's Maxibloom KISS Grow

Discussion in 'Coco Coir' started by colafarmer, May 24, 2012.

1. #61 colafarmer, Jul 20, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 20, 2012
    lol...Those lady's started out the same as the autos. Even though their runts too, I did help them when I switched to hid. I would have felt way worse if I did something wrong my grow style....;)

I was running 480 watts and was expecting good results...
    I was thinking I did something wrong all along until I figured it out....
    I havn't checked the led with a meter but am sure that is the culprit.

I could sell them but, just can't justify knowingly screwing another fellow grower...

These were bought on ebay from ledgrowlightmanufactuer...Remember that name when looking for led's!!!
    Not all led's are bad but, people like this is what ruins it for us growers....:(

2. i went with blackstar and it didnt even phase my outdoors casey jones when i moved it indoors and put it under the LED. i really thought it would get stressed and droop from lack of sunlight but it did not.

i did a decent ammount of research on the topic of LED grow lights before i threw down the hefty sum of cash one of them costs. if your looking for shitty office lighting or something like that i think Chinese diodes can be viable. especially when used in those very redundant parallel circuit setups i have been seeing on strip LED's. But, i do think that Gotham, and the other Western manufacturers of LED lamps have done a great job at showing what the diff between a Ebay POS and a high end lamp.

If you ever go LED again in the future when looking into replacements for your HID, I would highly recommend looking at the solarstorm and gotham hydroponics lines.

Good luck on the rest of your grow matey!

3. Yea...Those solarstorm's are nice, if you want to spend the bucks.... I still use a 240w blackstar HO for veg....
    Sticking with hid from now on...A 100$ ac solved my heat issues and moving up to a 600 watt hid, when it gets here...;)

Second in this grow, is the seeds were all freebies and never, ever had good results with free seeds....:(

Will be sending up some pic's of the four survivors i6 days into flowering, later today....

4. Day 17/flowering:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. 32 total..started showing flowers 17 days ago....

6. Cola! Looking awesome, that is a beautiful deep green. :D

7. sorry to gear of your seed woes. i just had two freebie darkstars pop with no issue. hit or miss i guess...

8. Here's a shot of my grow at 30 days into flowering....
    I just replaced my 400 watt a few days ago with a 600 watt for better quality denser lower buds.
    Not bad for a bunch of runts....The smell is soooo awesome.....:)
    About half way their to being one delirious dude...:smoke:

Trinity Kush
    [​IMG]

Pineapple Kush
    [​IMG]

The rest of the gal's
    [​IMG]

9. Looking good man! You are going to love that 600W, that's a great improvement :)

10. Yea, and I replaced the cooltube with a enclosed reflector with glass.......Now that was a huge improvement also and temps are still the same inside @ 77* tops, with outside temps 116*...;)

11. Damn I don't feel so bad about this punk ass 103 we have outside here LOL

You know I find it easier to grow during summer than winter. I use the central AC to keep the grow space cool, so when it's hot outside I have the AC blasting and a cool grow space (it gets a lot of air since it's early in the duct run). When it's cold outside I don't use the AC much, so not much cooling effect in the grow space. We don't use heaters down here thank goodness. As expensive as summer is, it rocks for my grow LOL

12. We just had 116* last week....I'd kill for 103*...:D
    In the hot months the lights are on during the day. I can leave the GR door cracked an inch and stays nice and cool (73-77*) in the GR...Winter the lights are on in the eve and a great time to grow....

13. Just showing these buds off since going to a 600 watt hid a week ago...:cool:

The growth is amazing and as you can see the top is about an inch longer than before and growing out all over. All the plants are like this and the lower buds are bigger than I have seen in past grows at this stage.

They almost look like their in their final push but, have another 3 weeks till that happens. I'm expecting some nice weight for the size of plants...

This grow will go to flush 9/9 with the exception of the Emerald Jack which is 9/16 and get harvested about a week later depending on the trics.

I'm not going to do my normal flush...Just a 30-40% runoff and water/molasses only from then to harvest...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. The buds are starting to pump up now...Still mostly clear trics with red/brown hairs on most and a super aroma....:smoke:
    I just went to using dry koolbloom the last two watering ....Next week (so, I think) I will be doing the flush. I will most likely use clearex to rid the medium of nutes so, the plants will use up stored nutes in the leaves for a better taste and water only till harvest....;)

Clearex is my preferred way of flushing but, have done some heavy defoliating and want to avoid the small leaves on the buds turning yellow so close to the buds.
    I should be able to tell better in a week whether to use clearex or, just a simple water only till harvest....

15. Lets see some shots!

16. Couple shots about two weeks before the harvest..These two plants have some unusual stacking of buds....I sampled a little for potency and not to shabby with a long lasting relaxing high...They will be much better after the cure.

Trinity Kush
    [​IMG]

Emerald Jack
    [​IMG]

17. Those buds look tasty!

Is that what I hear people referring to as fox-tailing?

18. These are not fox tailing....This unusual stacking started when I switched from a 400 to 600 watt hid. The buds are real dense. The other 2 plants have normal looking colas and are stacking nicely.

With the 600 watt the lower buds are twice the size as with the 400 and just as dense as the tops.
    These are not the biggest I've ever grown and were runts but, very tasty and and have a skunky aroma.

19. #79 colafarmer, Sep 12, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 13, 2012
    Just flushed the runts....Probably a little over a dry ounce from each of these to come....Am so happy it's done and can get on with some real grows...:hello:
    Think twice before you decide to finish out runts. You can probably buy the stuff cheaper than growing them....;)
    The last pic is the Grapefruit Kush and has a nice blue tinge to the buds...
    These plants did not show justice to the maxibloom method in autopots with led"s but, would try again as I think it will works good if hand watered...

20. #80 TheWatcher, Sep 12, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2012
    What's the GK smelling like dude? Any kush or bubba notes about it?