Cola's Maxibloom KISS Grow

Discussion in 'Coco Coir' started by colafarmer, May 24, 2012.

1. #21 colafarmer, Jun 22, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 22, 2012
    They all got off to a bad start with slow root development. There past that and finally establishing a good root system....Just had a hard time dealing with dumping them earlier, so brought them back to better place...:)

Just topped yesterday and will change light to 20/4 today for a little R&R before going into flowering in maybe two weeks....

Started 2 autos(blueberry/LaMusa)in pure coco a week ago and they will be going into autopots in another week....Will post pics when I transplant....

Good to know about the TK pothead...I feel a little better now even though I was seeing a little twisting of the leaves.....

2. #23 colafarmer, Jun 22, 2012
    Here's the two autos @ 1 week...Feeding Maxibloom, Diamond Nectar, vitamin B and less than a 1/4- cal/mag plus @ 700-750 PPM(1.oEC), PH@ 5.8 in pure coco under a 240 watt BSHO led....

Never been one for autos but, who knows, might be my bag....The stems have always leaned and not understanding that too much....:confused:

[​IMG]

3. #24 colafarmer, Jun 22, 2012
    That's a neat little setup you have their bender...+ rep for that one....:)
    Curios...How are your keeping the water temps down with the pumps in the res...I tried a waterfall effect with a pump instead of the airstone and had some high water temps...
    Was considering going with a timer 1 on 2 off....
    Much more effective with using waterfall effect over the ole stone.....

4. a great way to start in coco is the burpee seed starter mix. its pretty darned cheap, widely available (lowes n home depot) and omri =)

i just put two autos in it last week and i am very happy so far. check out my bagseed grow journal for pics

5. Subbed. I am currently running one NL under BS 240w. Straight coco, nothing but Maxibloom, drip system. The plant is a horrifying sight (it was going strong until I had to go out of town for a week and did not yet have the drip). Basically now has close to zero leaves on the entire plant but somehow still slowly flowering along. Haven't gotten the drip quite dialed in yet but I am also interested in the autopots. Will be following this with interest!

6. Will check that out...As many times as I visit Lowes never seen it though...Is the Burpee coco or, peat?....
    Never had problems starting in peat then transplanting to coco...
    I definately learned that in pure coco you start feeding as soon as you see the green or, your looking at baby sitting runts....

Post me a link to your journal...:hello:

That's a bummer man...We all screw up from time to time but, if we learn from our mistakes it's all good...
    If you go for the autopots you will be a happy grower...The single pots are the best. I got 4 double (8 pots) trays and to much invested to turn back...

7. #28 colafarmer, Jun 24, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 24, 2012
    Just a wee bit of an update...

Since topping, fimming actually, the four I transplanted to air pots I'm getting a lot of the lower branches shooting up for the making of some nice bud sites.
    Their looking healthy as ever and the stems are are standing tall and reaching for the sky...

I was adjusting the coir/peat ph to 6.0-6.1 and stepped it up to 6.5 but after checking, the runoff around 6.8 think I will go back to where I was next feeding. Don't rely to much on runoff ph but, with this coir/peat/compost blend seems to like being treated as soil ph more than hydro.
    That might all change though when I start flowering next week....

Here's the kicker....Usually when I flower my light on cycle is in the cool of the evening but,with this AC i installed and the led's, seems to work best just the opposite...I realized this when I went to 20/4 and the temps with everything shut down went to 84*...That was a short R&R for the lady's and there back on 24/7 now, pumping away....They can handle it...:D
    Temps 72-77* with outside ambient temp @ 110-112*...:eek:
    Humidity 25% using a small humidifier...Little lower than I would like....If only I was God...:D

The two autos are humming right along and will most likely get transplanted to autopots by the end of next week. I would let them go longer in their solo cups but, being autos would like to get them situated before they start flowering...

That's all folks....

Emerald Jack/Trinity Kush/Grapefruit Kush/Pineapple Chunk
    [​IMG]

Auto Blueberry/La Musa
    [​IMG]

8. it doesnt actually advertise itself as coco coir. i am searching everywhere on the net to find the damn stuff and i cannot. i'll have to take a photo of the bag. its just nice because burpee has done all the work for you and got it ph balanced with a very small nutrient buffer to help promote a fast sprouting

My Retarded Lol Grow

9. i'd love to do singles as well but, i'll more than likely be in a 2'x2'x5.5' grow tent soon. space will be too much of an issue for me to let plants grow to mature size in a single pot system. after looking at the space and the desire to have the ability to grow multiple strains, 2 easy2grows is what i have decided on. i know it wont be monster yields or anything but i'll be smoking some dank ass dank ass dank ass dank for a considerably reduced cost.
    Tampa syndicate can go fuck itself!

10. Transplanted the Blueberry/La Musa to autopots today....Seen a little tip burn on the Blueberry after raising the ppm by 50. Could have been I splashed some nutes on her or, that am using my old stand bypen as I had to send the Hanna Combo back for repair....
    Cut back to 600ppm just to be on the safe side...;)

The four in air pots went from filterd water @80ppm to tap @600PPM and no cal/mag....:eek:
    Should be ok as have never had problems with my tap...

These four lady's are going to 12/12 Friday....:smoke:

[​IMG]
    La Musa
    [​IMG]
    Blueberry
    [​IMG]

11. who is that Blueberry from?

im running some from Dutch Passion

12. ^^G13 Labs...freebie

13. never thought much for auto's , had a LA Musa freebie that broke ground 5/21 . Got so sick of looking at it that I put it outside the other day to fend for its self . Also i use maxi bloom & grow . Went with Lucus formula [7 grams bloom] through out grow & the veg was weak on strains I've grown a long time , so went back to using maxi-grow in veg then bloom in flower after 2nd week in 12/12

14. lol...Not an auto guy myself....Just using up a bunch of tude freebies for a hot a** (112*) summer led grow...
    Not to sure about using the all maxiblloom grow myself, but determined to give it my best shot. I even started using the mgrow for awhile and went back to all mbloom. Adding some Liquid Karma seems to have helped...

Been a roller coaster ride with each strain and not really impressed with the overall results.
    Getting some brown outer edges on the blueberry auto after raising the ppm to 800. Just seems to affect a couple lower leaves on the outer edges. Snipped off but, came back like a bad dream....Don't think it's a nute burn and i will probably raise the nutes again and get them vegging good for the next 2 weeks before they start flowering...

The ones I transplanted from the autopots to air pots got off to a bad start from not feeding soon enough. There growing good now and look a lot better, but way behind. Flowering those 4 real soon....

Any thoughts of the cause of the brown tips?

[​IMG]

15. looks like splash from watering on the lower leaves , as theres white [salts] stains on the affected leaves , I wouldn't worry to much and go two waterings between each feeding until flowering then go every other 1 . The matabalism of the auto is quick , but not as awe inspiring as the advertising leads you to believe . A friend runs 'em alot & from what I've seen 3 months + on average & watching this musa here I'd be willing to bet longer . Clones of real/good weed will finish quicker every time with better results for sure . Only reason I ran it was it being a freebie other wise auto's do not clone making them worthless in my garden

16. ^^What I though to...I cut the bad area off and came back, but guess I was a little sloppy when they were in solo cups....Other than those first set of leaves their doing pretty good...
    Thanks for cheering me up...:)

17. Howdy! Nice setup you have going here, plants look good too! You asked for any thoughts on the brown tips... if your ph is OK then I would tend to think that is burning, especially if there is a dark green color to the leaves (looks like it in the pics). I usually feed mine around 300ppm at this point. Hopefully the new growth will be OK!

18. :yummy: That is one fine looking set-up you got there. Accompanied by even finer looking ladies as well. Gonna tag along ifn you dont mind.:smoke:

19. Well so much for maxiboom. I changed my autopot grow back to cns17 today. That is the best K.I.S.S nutrient you can use as far as I'm concerned....

The plants look healthy but, think they could be growing faster and is why I changed my nutrients.
    They have 2 more weeks before they start flowering and would like to see a little more beef. before they do...

The potted plants I started flowering 2 days ago and their going to finish with maxibloom.
    Just when I got them looking good I screwed up and went to tap water and with the high ppm got a mag lockout from the over dose of calcium. They all got flushed and are getting foliar fed with epsom salt now but, results are going slow.
    lol...Live and learn just to screw up another day...:(

Out of the four the Trinity Kush is kicking ass...