COINTELPRO Techniques for dilution, misdirection and control of an internet forum

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Hank Scorpio, Apr 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. COINTELPRO Techniques for dilution, misdirection and control of an internet forum - Picasso Dreams
    Reminds me of this forum very much. If you did not know anything about forum trolls you will now.

2. Really good info, there really are a few groups out there infiltrating the boards, as you can see this posting got no replies from the trolls because then people would see this.

3. That's a really interesting post, can't say I've ever spotted any of these techniques in the wild but I do feel that I've noticed some of these used on various forums.

4. Bamp.

And also, it's your duty as a human being to bump this when it begins to fall off the page.

ain't no subversion / dilution welcome @ GC :mad::mad::mad:

5. That'd be great if it was all one person with multiple usernames making this forum look like a libertarian circle jerk.

:hippie:

Anybody seen the movie/documentary Catfish?

6. uhh trolls do it for the lulz because there's nothing funnier than people getting angered over the internet. dont try to lump in angry 16 year olds with super-secret govt infiltration

7. #8 DarthBizzle, Apr 18, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2011
    Yep. ;);)

edit: ok, just something that bugs me

People always trashtalk "conspiracy theorists" and use some cheap line like "nobody can keep such a 'super secret'"

And yeah, you're totally right, no secret is kept that good.

that's why theres so much information on these subjects :bongin:

8. Good post.
    Bump.

9. I am really starting to wonder around here lately... I wonder if anyone looks into the IP addresses of some of our posters. Might not be a bad idea. DHS has invaded comment sections of articles and message boards before.

[​IMG]

10. #13 Norma Stits, May 9, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Indeed

11. There are quite a few "new members" that are raising eyebrows...

I hope people are checking IP addresses.

12. ever notice how the forums got flooded with newb memberzz after the first?

hmmmmm...

13. I wouldn't doubt that these kind of groups are around. Best thing you can do is push the truth and disregard the rest.

14. I did. :smoke:

15. Yeah, I wouldn't put it past anti-MJ advocates to do many of the things mentioned - and I've seen it before on other forums

Doesn't work too well though, I mean the mods usually have all the power and the users, yeah not so much.

16. Pffft, the government wouldn't do anything like this guys. Come on.

17. Sticky. Problem solved.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.