coffeeshops before amsterdam

Discussion in 'General' started by Mittens024, Feb 4, 2011.

1. so tomorrow im going to be driving up to amsterdam as my last horrah before i leave europe for good. the hotel im going to be staying at has an inconvient check in time of 2pm, and i plan on getting there around 11. and i cant really afford to be taxied all around the city at all times for this.

so i ask to any native hollanders are there any coffeeshops down south more that i could chill in for an hour or two so i can arrive in amsterdam around 2.

thanks

2. arnhem seems to be the closet city on my route to amsterdam.

any locals that could reccomend the most prime shop in that city?

pretty pleaseee

3. why not just get to amsterdam early and chill in a coffee shop there until 2?

4. Seriously, just get to the Central Station in Amsterdam by one way or another (trains, tramways and buses links are all good), then there are a myriad of different shops to choose from. There are some just across the street/canal.

The taxis are pretty expensive, bikes are cheap and the bike lanes are second to none. I'm not Dutch, but have visited on three occasions. Have fun OP

5. If you're driving why not just find something else to do? Go see a movie, go on a tour.