Coffee!

Discussion in 'General' started by TheBlackCops, Apr 11, 2012.

1. I'm beginning to drink about a cup every morning and I'm tired of spending so much at McDonald's or Starbucks. So I'm deciding to start making my own at home.

What I want to know is what's the best bag coffee that I could get from the grocery store or else where for a reasonable price.

Thanks!

2. Hell yeah, coffee is the shiiiiiit. Nothing's better than a cup of hot coffee with a bowl to start the day. B)

I just use instant coffee, Folgers original

3. Starbucks breakfast blend at walmart is quite good, if you want a mild coffee.

Otherwise get yourself a Keurig single serve coffee maker, best investment ever. "CoffeeShop" coffee for that is my favorite coffee I've ever drank, its pretty bold.

4. gave up caffeine a few months ago...

but used to love coffee....celestial seasons...the flavored and plain, rock

5. As much as I enjoy a great cup of coffee, the wee hours of the morning are no time for snobbery. I buy the cheapest bag the grocery store has to offer. 8 o'clock something or other, I think they call it.

6. I love coffee when stoned, but Im no help in finding the best make your own coffee brand. I just chill at Panera or Starbucks.

7. I got turned onto coffee when I started working full time. Now im a slave and actually get withdrawls if I dont drink it!

8. If you want decent coffee at a reasonable price go with Maxwell House.

That's the best you can get for the price.

Used to always hate coffee but developed a taste for it about 2 years ago when I turned 19.

It's nice to wake up, drink a cup, and smoke a bowl, too.

9. lol gtfo.

10. Foldgers is imho the best for the cheapest.
    I do like to buy specialty stuff every now and again.

11. maxwell house > foldgers

foldgers has a weird taste to it.

12. Find a local coffee shop that roasts their own beans. The coffee will be 1000x better than anything in the grocery store. If you must buy coffee in the store I'd recommend Green Mountain Coffee or New England Coffee, both are excellent for store coffee.

13. Eh, honestly it's pretty much all the same shit. If you truly want amazing coffee, you need to have the beans shipped in fresh, roast and grind them yourself (or find someone who does), and process them in an espresso machine or some sort of non-mechanical (no drip pots) device. I like press pots myself.

Otherwise it's pretty much all the same shit. McDonalds and Starbucks too, if you're just getting plain coffee it's stale as hell. Even the espresso beans are kind of stale, but because of the strength of espresso, it is less of an issue.

Seriously though, it's basically all the same shit. I buy whatever's cheap. But then again, I brew my coffee really dark and drink it black. My way is not for everyone lol.

14. A beautifully blended shot of Cuban Coffee each morning is your remedy, my friend.

15. coffee is good but it leads you down a dark road of addiction where you cant even get going with out it lol. yelling at people cause you havent had your coffee yet

16. I Usually have the instant ones with cream and sugar already.

Ima get some from the organic market tomorrow.

I'd love to grow my own beans , but no idea where to get seeds.

17. You can buy them on the internet, however coffee, though it's a bean, the plant itself is more of a tree. It takes 3 to 4 years before it even produces "fruit." Once the tree starts producing fruit, you will end up with coffee...well they're kind of like cherries. In every cherry, you get two beans. However, not all of the fruit ripens at once. One plant can only produce about 1 lb of coffee a year, and again that won't ripen all at once.

I forget how to process the cherries into roast coffee beans....I think it has something to do with roasting them once to "pop" them open, and then again.

If you've got the patience to wait, it's actually a pretty easy plant to grow though.

18. Yeah drinking too much coffee consistently is like constantly pushing on your adrenal gland, and eventually there won't be as much output as you liked during the beginning. I personally just really enjoy the taste of some good coffee, not really looking for the jolt of energy effect. :eek:

19. Coffee, the finest organic suspension ever devised. Plus 10 pts if you get the reference.