Coffee & Tea

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by RecStoner, Oct 25, 2010.

1. Is anyone introducing used coffee grounds and used tea leaves? I have some mixed in with the soil already, but was wondering if anyone adds more and more?

Other than Nitrogen and lower acidic levels, what are the effects?

2. It will make your soil smell like coffee. Thats about all it will do asside from screw with your pH.

I'm looking for a strain that smells and tastes like coffee myself :D

3. I was thinking that maybe the plants would carry some caffeine

4. #5 momocalm420, Oct 27, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 27, 2010

Caffeine acts as an exogenous transmitter in the Nervous System of animals. Seeing how plants do not have neural networks, I would say Caffeine has no effect on plants as a stimulant..... If drugs had effects on plants, MJ plants would be RIPPED all the time.:smoke:

5. well, even if it does nothing for the plant, I was thinking the plant may still contain it, thus ingesting it when you smoke.

Just a crazy idea I had.

6. Oh Okay,

I thought you meant as an additive to the soil to stimulate plant growth haha. Who knows if what you have in mind would work, but for now I can have my coffee and my amsterdam coffee seperate.

7. haha nice.

I just collected some rain water and watered them today, I'll introduce some grounds saturday along with some water.

my ph is right at about 7, so a few 10ths lower will make it perfect. The coffee grounds should do that.

8. I was reading up on coffee grounds not long ago and the grounds themselves are rather neutral from what I've read and may act like a ph buffer. I don't know but I've put them in my garden before and I use them in my worm bin all the time.

9. there're not as acidic as people think. They hang at best around 6.5 or so.

10. i find that just about any kush strain i grow gives me a hint of coffee, my personal fav. is Sensi seeds Hindu kush. if not a jack herer from sesni or soma, i forget.

ps: i personally go around looking for coffee flavor strains as well.

11. you will not get any caffeine is your buds

spent coffee grounds and tea leaves make great compost additives