coffee grounds for soil

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by XxGanjaXXGOD, Feb 26, 2010.

1. i have alot of coffee grounds and i was wondering if i add a little bit of nutrients if i can use it for soil?if so what nutrients should i add

2. coffee grounds are great composted with other organic veggies, leaves, castings, etc... and you could use the compost in a soil MIX... you can also sprinkle coffee grounds or pour old coffee onto soil to deter slugs...

as far as literally planting it in coffee grounds... i'd advise against that...

3. hmm can you explain the first part some more?im lost

4. composts are piles of rotting organic matter more or less... they normally take a couple months to get brewing... most people start with a base of worm castings then add leftover veggies, coffee grounds, leaves, manures , etc whatever will break down that isn't meat or crazily acidic... after a while it rots and plants love it... you can also make teas out of composts by aerating them and diluting with water... let it sit for a couple days and it's a good source for nuting...

in a soil mix you'd prolly do something like...

30% peat moss
    10% casting
    10% compost
    25% perlite
    25% vermiculate...

something of that nature...

still lost?

5. hmmm not as much but im just trying not to waste things and use as much as i can.it was worth a shot.shooot i may even try anyway,with schwag seeds though