Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Coffee filters instead of bubble bags for making small amounts of hash?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by regularpotoker, Dec 19, 2012.

1. Like the title says!

I have about 25-30g trim and I really don't want to invest in bubble bags right now. If I use coffee filters instead of bubble bags and using the same bubble bag method, would it make any difference?

2. It will yes make a difference, but if you're not serious about making premium hash then yes they'll work.
    If you're going to make a habit of making hash then they're worth the money

3. Sounds terrible. Even if you knew the microns on the coffee filters how will you keep them from soaking and eventually tearing? How will you keep them in place? Do you really have the patience to do 30g of trim through coffee filters?

Id buy the bags if youre ever gonna have more trim. You can always wash them good and sell them for most of your money back.

4. Dude u can get a 5 set bag off of amazon for like 30 bucks. Now way coffee filters would work.

5. If theyre 30 bucks theyre knock offs or are falling apart. That being said if its a 1 time thing...it might work.

6. [quote name='"BigGuru"']

If theyre 30 bucks theyre knock offs or are falling apart. That being said if its a 1 time thing...it might work.[/quote]

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00550EIDA/ref=mp_s_a_1?qid=1355941137&sr=8-1&pi=SL75

They work just as well as the over priced bubble bags. I had the paid 180 for my set and they started to fall apart after a year of use. I won't spend that much on them ever again.

7. So you're turning your nose up at generic bubble bags but ok with coffee filter hash? I don't understand how you plan on separating the plant matter from the trichomes. The coffee filters will catch too much or not enough. But they won't do the job of bubble bags. Bubble bags work because they are descending sized mesh so you catch the plant matter in the first bag and the trichomes in the others.

8. you could use those coffee filters, get some iso, and make some hash oil lol much easier without some form of bubble set up (homemade or store bought)