Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Coffee, Bud, and a Workout

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by ZedXYZ, Sep 14, 2016.

1. Hey guys, first post here on the forums. Been smoking up quite a lot recently, so depending how things go I might be here to stay :)

In the past I have had very productive workouts whilst smoking cannabis. I have been able to lift what I generally lift, minus a great fraction the strain and pain. Weed has NEVER made me too dopey or sleepy (generally it energizes me, or, if I'm not particularly active, I'll talk a LOT), however after finishing a night fill shift at 1 AM I tried something.

Before I begin, take note that I made sure to consume a decent amount of water (not just because of the workout or even buds, but don't forget the coffee)/

I had a cup of coffee, with a couple pieces of 72% dark chocolate. By the time I got my buds, prepared them, and got to the gym, roughly 40 minutes had passed. A quick read up showed caffeine hits its peak between 37-72 minutes (quick read, so don't take my word). A few other reads mentioned that coffee before working out is a good boost to metabolism and such. Anyway, I then smoked up, and proceeded to have a work out. Rowing machine.

Well I always row on the maximum level, but this time I rowed fucking fast and there was just this.... power. And my mind found this amazing clearness. I was keeping a rhythm on the rowing machine, while my mind just went off on this tangent.... So many various ideas and imaginative thoughts bounced around my head... I guess it was amazing enough to want to post it here.

I don't really know my question... I guess I'm asking, what are your personal experiences with coffee and bud? Do you do one of or both of the two when/if you work out?

TL;DR: Had a powerful workout when having coffee and smoking bud, was exercising powerfully, and had a very creative mind. What are your thoughts on this?

2. I drink coffee regularly when I work. If not working, I don't drink coffee and sometimes wean myself off for months at time because I don't wanna build up too much tolerance to the caffeine. (I don't drink pop/soda or much else that's caffeinated)

Coffee & Bud = Great combo. I find it hard to concentrate but for writing/being creative or playing video games, I love it.

Bud & Gym = I've had a mixed bag with this. I experienced lots of the things you did while weightlifting and stretching, but it's horrid for my cardio. I can feel every muscle and feel like I have more control while lifting but I do NOT, under any circumstances, wanna run or ride a bike.

Coffee, Bud & Gym = If I get the balance right, it's great; if it's off, I'm fucked. I usually just lift a lot and don't do cardio.

I kinda prefer to smoke after the gym, it's almost like it's absorbed quicker and more efficiently. I get all my snacks and water and shit together, then bake out and stretch again with tv high as fuck.

3. I love smoking before the gym. the only thing I don't like about the coffee and bud combo is that I can feel my heart beating really fast, but if I'm working out hard it doesn't matter.