Coffee as bong water, a new frontier in bong maintenance.

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by The Bucketsmythe, Nov 13, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Hello all, I've noticed there are a lot of timid potheads who think using black coffee in your bong/piece is in some of way going to ruin your high and/or life. There is some real apprehension to even try it once.

So here's the facts. I've been using only coffee in my bongs for at least 6 months, for 2 most excellent reasons.

1. It masks the nasty ass smell of bong water. You can typically smell it in the water after just one hit, and it quickly gets worse with subsequent use.

2. If that wasn't enough, it also keeps your piece about 10x cleaner than bong water. That resin build up that you can clearly see on the upper walls after just one or two big huffs, no longer appears when you're using regular coffee. It just doesn't allow it to happen, for some scientific reasons I am not aware of. Maybe it's the acidic properties of coffee, if my ignorant mind had to guess. You'll notice you can go days with heavy bong use without neither the smell or the resin build up.

Try black coffee in your "water" piece today and let me know your results.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. 1: Concerned about smell ..? Add a few drops of Lemon juice it imparts a nice odor and reduces cleaning by 50%

2: Clean the bong and bong water daily, it reduces the chance of fungi infection in the chest

good luck

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. If I add cream and sugar to my coffee will it make the smoke creamier and sweeter?

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Oh shit... chocolate milk! I can imagine the bubbles now! I'm gonna get high off some chocolate milk bong hits later while giggling at the milk bubbles in my bong..

I can see my mom shaking her head just like when I was a kid blowing bubbles in my milk. Just really really high..

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. You have to be trolling

Why would anyone try this?? How did you even think about doing this yourself??

I'll stick to water in my bong.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. What the what? Naw, bout as crazy as i'll get is dissolving a few jolly ranchers in some water to flavor the smoke. Even then it's only for a few bowls, and you have to clean with iso right after.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Coffee isnt a bad idea, I'll try it out sometime.

I haven't used my bong in months, been using a portable vape a lot.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. [​IMG]

to OP

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Im trying it now mane! Lol will post back in a bit

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

10. Not bad, coffee was is still hot lol. Bong rip was hot as shit. Overall not bad[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  11. #11 koruptyg, Dec 11, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2018
    I r the bad joke master, deleting due to dangerous joke.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. Perhaps I am a minority that will change my bong water very frequently. Within the next day.

13. Man, I know that this thread is a month old, but I've gotta ask: am I the only ent that completely cleans his pieces immediately after use? I clean my pipe, bubbler, and bong with iso and sea salt as soon as the bowl is torched. Something about that torched weed smell and dirty glass motivates me.

edit: I used to own a hookah named Rosie. I have used Rosie with milk (not chocolate) and with beer. Water was the best option.

14. Cold water in the bong, hot coffee in the cup.
    Only way to surf, man.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. I seriously think I have a lung infection. Finally cleaned the shit out of my bong with ISO and salt. Got a lot of gunk ring around the water level in the base. I can barely cough without seizing up my lungs hurt so bad from the last week of heavy smoking.

Tobacco plus weed resin buildup as well so super gross.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. YO THAT WOULD KILL YOU

iso is denatured with methanol

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Use a vape through your bong = no need to cover up anything
    Would rather just drink the coffee and vape the weed.

If you're having trouble keeping your piece clean, use a high acidity extract like cranberry. One drop will keep your piece cleaner, longer and it cost little.

• Like Like x 3
  18. #19 koruptyg, Dec 13, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2018
    I'm a member since 2013 and I own multiple glass pieces, I do not use ISO as bong water :D Sorry brother it was probably a bad joke as people might be confused. Deleted the post.

As a side note, ISO is generally not denatured with methanol, is is poisonous by itself. If it is denatured, which it normally is, it tends to be the manufacturer adding bitter-agents or things that make you throw up. At least 99% ISO where I live.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Potheads are naturally resistant to non-lazy things, well... at least I am. I know I'm a dirty boy, but I only clean my bong when that water LOOKS like coffee