Codeien withdrawal and relationships....

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by ebp123, Jan 11, 2009.

1. My gf has been taking 5+ vicoden 10/325 (10mg codein 325mg tylenol) everyday for about the past year. I know she's hooked and admits it, she even goes to urgent care to get that cough syrup shit, and buys pills off people. Well tonight she came over after not having any for about 24hrs and was acting like a complete bitch, not herself at all...

I just want to know how people treat their significant other (or people in general) when they aren't getting their usual dose of codein...thanks

2. first of all, its not codine if thats what you meant, its hydrocodone. every opiate is different then the other in its own way.

but as far as that goes, she will most likley be DT'ing and start getting withdrawls. from what i hear, opiate withdrawls are a bitch.

3. Oh okay its hydrocodon not codein...i think codein is the shit in the cough syrup?

4. codine is another painkiller in the same family as hydrocodone. its far less active then hydrocodone or oxycodone.

yes codine can be found in some cough syrups (yet to see it OTC)

5. How do other people act when they are going through withdrawals???? Thats what i need to know

6. ^^^Its OTC in Canada

Thats a tough question, you see the physical effects of a withdrawal from opiates are pretty much the same, as far as the mental/emotional effets that isn't so easy to say, as it depends to the person

If you and your girlfriend are in a good relationship, there really shouldn't be a problem, if she's going through the withdrawals just do your best to make her comforable, sometimes people can get irritable when going through withdrawals and have a short fuse and a temper, another effect may be depression, she may be hard on herself

Sorry I'm pretty tired i will fix this/finish/do r beter job tp,,pssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

7. thanks man

8. Okay this is exactly what you do.

Explain to her that you know that people experience withdraw when they don't have their meds. Let her know that you know that she feels like absolute shit, basically the flu x 10, and tell her that you will do everything possible to make her feel better.

She will get less irritated at you the more you let her know that you understand her situation.

9. canada? doesnt surpise me.

but i digress. if she wants to stop with the vic's haver her wean off slowly so with withdrawls arent so bad.

10. talk to her about it. be completely open with eachother and your feelings on the situation. if she truly does want to quit. have her give you her pills. find out how much she takes a day, and start giving her a little less every few days or so until she can quit with minimum withdrawals, but make sure both of you know its not gonna be easy.

11. #11 dranked out, Jan 11, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2009
    lol. that whole post has undertones of "fuck opiate users" all through it.

i'd say stop being a lame and get the ho some pills. then she needs you that much more :X

i buy pills from people, go to the doc for syrup, and have taken 5-8 10/500/325[had both]mg hydros for months at a time when i had scripts. i was never really addicted, or hooked as you put it.. i didnt have any withdraws after like 3 days w/ no codones.

either wait it out or get the bitch some pills=

also LOL @ flu10x
    this bitch isnt getting dope sick from taking 5 pills a day. if shes dope sick you need to see about oxys or heroin. hydros have a weak withdraw when you only take that much a day.
    edit again
    weak but not too weak to make you pissed off and tired