Code 10 error...

Discussion in 'Silicon (v)Alley' started by legalize.it.420, Jan 27, 2011.

1. hello grasscity! my computer stopped working on me the other day and said diskette sata-0 seek failure and then found out that i had no boot driver so i had to completely re install my windows xp home.... then i found out that i would have to re install all my drivers again and so ive done that... except now i get a COD 10 error device cannot start up and this is my audio driver that is not working IDT HIGH DEFFINITION AUDIO CODEC <-- this is the name that comes up under my device manager but ive read that the audio driver or card is made by Sigmatel

my PC is a DELL OPTIPLEX 740

please help i dont know what to do any more....

2. Sounds to me like your hard drive is dying. It's causing corruption of the data on there. As soon as you can I would swap that drive into a secondary computer to grab any pictures or other stuff you need from it and then replace the drive. That should clear up your issues

3. thanks and i ended up solving all my problems this morning its just a bunch of drivers that werent updated..... i had them all just they werent fully installed thanks