Coconut water!!!!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by zzzMEOWzzz, Jul 8, 2016.

1. So recently.ive been adding 1/4 cup coconut water to 1gal or regular faucet water and my plant has been loving it. The plant is looking great :) just thought id share this thought since i dont use nutes of any kind. Shes 5 weeks into flower under cfl completly surrounded 2700k bulbs under 700+ watts

One thing i was wondering though. How far along should bud development be?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my LGLS740 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Where you are with bud development is going to depend on the quality and strength of the lighting you're using. CFLs are fine for the veg cycle, but they're pretty lackluster when it comes to flowering off plants. It's just not strong enough to do the job and get the most out of the plant. The only way to know where you are with the maturity of your buds is by looking at the individual trichomes and checking to see what percentage of amber you've got in them at this point. You can't go by the color of the hairs on the bud or anything else about how the plant looks. You need to be able to see the individual trichome which requires some major magnification...most use the jeweler's loupe. You can pick one up pretty cheaply that will do the job for around $20 or so. As far as nutes go, we use top quality grow soil that is ridiculously expensive and because of the quality of the soil, we don't require many nutes at all. But we do give nutes during the flower cycle and you probably are going to need to do this too if that plant has been in that particular soil for a really long time. Nutes are just plant food and the plant doesn't need any UNTIL they use up what they have in the container they're in. If you don't start feeding the plant and it runs out, your plant is going to start doing weird things and turning colors and stuff...because that's how it tells you it's hungry. If you're growing in a true organic mix designed for the whole grow, that's another thing. But average soil will run out on you if you don't repot into fresh soil so it can continue to feed your plants. What's up with the coconut water? What is it about it that is so good that your plant told you it was liking it really well? LOL Just wondering? TWW

• Like Like x 1
  3. Use milk it's been proven. Calcium and pesticide also use molasses during flowering. Watch aeroponics cannabis got milk.

Sent from my SM-S978L using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
  4. Ive heard that with milk it can cause a build up.in the soil and make it kinda stinky. Gonna watch that video right now though thank you

5. I noticed that the development of buds were growing twice as fast from one day to another and that the leaves were growing resin faster. (Little sticky crystals) lol i believe its called resin. :)

Might just be my imagination though

6. Not to mention
    Coconut water contains the following trace elements:
    Calcium
    Iron
    Magnesium
    Phosphorus
    Potassium
    Zinc

• Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Some plants flower 10 weeks or more so they should be at least half done. You'll know by the color of the heads of the glands when the turn 20% amber. They honestly looks great for being under cfl. You're actually going to get somthing worth smoking there I think. =)

Pull the trigger on a mars 300 or something better if you can afford it. Cheaper to run than those work lights and your buds would be much bigger.... I heard there's a $70 listing on ebay. Hard to not do it when if you would have yielded an extra 1/4oz, which you would have no problem, the light would have paid for itself. The electric bill you're paying for that setup is the same as mine and I have 4 plants budding. Upgrade, you clearly can afford a $70 light if you can afford that many cfl's.

I'm wondering if this coconut water would foam up in my dwc buckets?

• Like Like x 1
  8. Thank you
    And i only.paid for the lighbulbs sobit was super cheap.
    Yes i keep them super close so the buds develop better like as closee i can possibly get them hoping to get over a ounce or so not too sure.though. i had found the seed in some dank i got from the dispencery so im hoping its just as good but cured a bit better.

9. For ny next grow ill be rebuilding my closet for my grow room and have the better lights. This is literally in my room on the base of my bookshelf. Whole thing cutsbto the middle of my bedroom lol

Also thanks for the heads up gonna go chexk out eBay

10. Hi @The Widow White and @zzzMEOWzzz

There are many folks in the GC Organics forum that have been using coconut water in their organic gardens for some years now and here is why -

Usage: 1/4 cup / gallon

So basically the short version is this - young coconuts, where we get coconut water from are absolutely loaded with Enzymes (and other good stuff).The coconut water is the "embryo" of the endosperm (seed) and this water contains everything necessary for the coconut seed to break ground and flourish. It is these enzymes which break down organic matter, so zzzMEOWzzz, what you are seeing by adding coconut water into your soil garden is these enzymes breaking down the items in your soil into "usable plant food" at a much, much quicker rate than if you had not added it. Think about it not as a benefit (so much) from the physical elements (nutrients) contained in the coconut water itself but the burst of nutrients made available for your plants to use by adding all these enzymes which break down organic matter very quickly.

Young coconuts also contain Cytokinins (Auxins) such as IAA (Indole Acetic Acid) & Gibberellins which will directly act as a biostimulant for plant growth in your soil. The benefits of adding coconut water to your soil garden are huge.

Many of the gardeners use freeze dried coconut water which is a soluble powder and can simply be mixed with water. It is much, much cheaper this way and can be found at buildasoil.com for example.

Now start looking into the addition of Aloe Vera juice into your garden...

J

• Like Like x 3
  11. Can coconut water be used in DWC systems or would it be worth trying?

12. I'd be afraid of any organic matter/liquids in a DWC setting. Have you ever used an organic nutrient in a DWC setup?

J

13. Just the floranova series which has a little organics in it. I stopped when I got further into budding I didn't like the way it stained my water and roots and the N to P&K radio was a little high for mid bud cycle.

14. Coconut water is chock full of potassium!

15. I dilute with water 1:1