Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Coconut oil

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Popsmeds, Jan 24, 2018.

1. Looking for simple coconut oil recipe from tried and true methods, please

2. You don't need to make oil.
    Here's the simplest possible thing to do,
    Decarb your herb (240 F for 40 min), grind to powder, and mix into the oil of any recipe, or just mix into nut butter/nutella, and eat.
    I learned this strategy of zero infusion from Decarb Myths Debunked
    and have compared it to many other recipes.
    Nothing is stronger that I've tried, but many other whole herb recipes work as well, while requiring more effort.
    And you can do the nutella recipe with any amount of herb, even 1/4 to 1/2 gram (containing about 35-75 mg thc) to convince yourself it works, because most people can't believe that maximum potency edibles are really this simple.

If you do make strained oil/butter half the medicine gets strained out, so save the potent sludge.
    There are many sludge recipes on the internet.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Great news. Thanks

• Like Like x 1
  4. bkarnaze is right and that is the best method to get maximum THC from buds. Trouble is, an edible made in this way is inedible to me My process has been a process and has ended with two methods. Cook with a concentrate when possible or extract the thc with butane or alcohol and add to coconut oil. Wild Bill's recipe is the simplest and most potent. Mine taste different and you have to eat a bit more. Let us know what you do.

• Like Like x 1
  5. I have used Everclear 190 in 3 ways.
    -shake and sit for 4 hrs (currently fig out dose)
    -sit in everclear for 3 months
    -put decarb and everclear in freezer for 48 hrs, shaking every few hrs
    (They are separated currently.) I believe I will use the method above #bkarnaze since the decarb is in a mason jar by itself.

6. If you're still looking for an easy coconut oil, mine has been both very easy and effective.

I use 1:1 ratio of (1) Oz (decarbed) flower per (1) cup of oil and simmer in a crock-pot on low for 8-10 hours. Strain through a nut bag and store.

You can use the oil to bake with, or simply add to a tea, smoothies, etc.. Or bake with....

I bought one of the mini Reese Peanut Butter Cup candy molds off of Amazon and made quick coconut oil candies.

Heat (1) cup of oil with (1) cup of any old brand of cocoa powder. Simmer and mix. I added about 10 drops of coco Stevia drops as well. (Or something to sweeten it up a bit)

The candy mold has 30 sections and (1) cup fills them exactly. I also add a coco covered almond to each one of the slots for a nice crunch.

Super easy and I'd guesstimate them to be around 60 -80 MG each, using a 10% guess for the flower.

However, coconut oil begins to melt at around 76, so I was pretty much forced to keep them in the fridge until I wanted to eat one. Because of that I've pretty much have gone to butter, but I thought the oil was easier. Definitively easier to strain.

Silicone Mold
    Nut Milk Bag
    A decent priced Oil:
    https://www.walmart.com/ip/Great-Value-Organic-Naturally-Refined-Coconut-Oil-56-oz/55504318

• Like Like x 1