Coconut Oil

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by Questabella, Jan 8, 2015.

1. This stuff is amazing you all should give it a try if your looking to lose weight. I just throw some in my smoothies and the instant energy I get is amazing. Plus the cardiovascular benefits is awesome. Just thought I would spread the word.

2. I don't use it for that, but it's also great for a lot of natural cosmetics, like toothpaste and deodorant, and just on its own as lube. :p

3. what kind of lube :blink:

4. works good in the bathtub for fellow Eczema sufferers. also a must have to mix with hash oil for far greater bio-availability.

5. Oil is oil.

If you eat a healthy balanced natural diet and exercise

All these things about different fats becomes irrelevant.

-yuri

6. Hate to tell you yuri, that statement is blatantly false. I would agree a good diet will get you plenty of healthy fats but
    Hydrogenated oils and partially hydrogenated oils are clearly unhealthy.

A good resource for reliable information on coconut oil

http://www.foundmyfitness.com/ebook/Coconut_Oil_Report.pdf

Coconut oil on the other hand is very healthy. I pop some coconut oil and cocoa in my coffee every morning! I use it on my taters or toast in place of butter too. I dont go a day without it!

7. #7 iDoja, Jan 20, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2015
    You guys should check out the health benefits of Oregano oil....but be careful w that shit...its really strong...
    Honestly...read up on it before you start takin it!!!

Vitamin...A, C, E, n K, Fiber, Folate, Iron, Magnesium, Vitamin B6, Calcium n Potassium...

Anti-Oxidants...w 42 times the strength of Apples..

Soooo many more benefits to list...check it out

I mainly got it for the winter time to help keep me n my mom from gettin colds n what not...and to help w spider bites cuz it has Anti-inflammatory properties.
    If we felt somthin comin on I would take a cup of water w Honey, Lemon Juice and a few drops of Oregano Oil...mainly to dilute strong taste of oil...
    You can put a drop or two on tongue..but my mom hates it...even burns if its strong oil.

8. I can second that! Try Cuminol for her. It has oil of fennel, oil of cumin, and oil of oregano p73 in oilive oil. 5 drops per serving, 172 servings per bottle.

Ive also been taking 5,000-10,000 iu Vitamin D and this is the first winter ive gone unsick. I also take 2g high potency omega 3 fish oil. Vit D and Omega 3 are critically essential.

9. What kind do you think? -.-

10. O you know like the kind I use for car breaks :)

11. Ha yeah suuuurrre. xD

12. I also use it for lube. ;) lol but also I do the whole oil pulling thing for my teeth

13. ooh, best mention it's important that it is extra virgin? No?

14. If you like mushrooms...saute mushrooms in coconut oil then throw it in an omelet with swiss cheese. It's damn delicious.

15. I think thats just for olive oil, nobody wants a slutty oil.

lmao! That one deserves a high five ;)

17. #17 full melt, Feb 15, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2015
    Works great as a straight up moisturizer and it has anti-microbial, bacterial and fungal properties. I live in a very dry, cold climate and have struggled quite a bit with dry skin as a result. I've started using coconut oil with a little bit of argon oil on my skin and beard nightly about a month ago and it has worked wonders. Also cleared up a weird rash I was developing. 

I also use it as lube.

Covers all the bases, 10/10 product. 

18. I don't really beleive it's any better for weight loss than any other oil (fat is filling, plus a healthy diet includes some amount of healthy fats).  There is a lot of woo out there with regard to coconut oil, and it's hard to separate the truth from the woo.  The reason there are reports of it being good for weight loss is that people making one dietary change like that tend to make more changes unintentionally, because they're paying more attention to what they're eating, and cooking more from scratch.  That tends to lead to healthier weight.  And there are no studies behind the idea, just anecdata.

It IS however, fantastic for weight GAIN.  Coconut oil is high in medium-chain triglycerides, which make the fat more available for use by the body.  My youngest was tube fed for 3.5 years, and I never used tube feeding formula, instead using real food, blending it up in a vitamix.  I added a decent amount of coconut oil, with some flax oil and olive oil, and despite her being limited in the volume of food she could take in a day (abnormally small stomach, plus slow motility) she gained so so well.  Much better than she does now that she eats by mouth!  I've seriously considered trying to make coconut oil truffles just to get more coconut oil in her.

I also use it as a facial moisturizer.  And mixed with sugar for a scrub.  It's AMAZING.  And bonus: my face smells like coconut!

I don't use it for my hair, because it leaches out hair dye faster, and I refuse to give up my red hair!  But for natural hair, it's quite nice, especially on the ends, or on the scalp for dry scalp.

It IS good for lube, but for the love of Christ, please don't use it with condoms!  Water-based lube only if you're using condoms or a diaphragm!

19. I use coconut oil in all my protein shakes. It's packed with MCT's and good calories. As well as ore mentioned energy! Also it tastes great!

Sent from my iFresh using Grasscity Forum