Coconut oil

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by bholaas, Aug 26, 2013.

1. Coconut oil is valuable for decreasing facial wrinkles. Massage the facial wrinkles around the eyes, throat, and other areas with coconut before sleeping so that the blood circulation increases..

2. How would it be to do the same thing with extra virgin olive oil, I wonder?  

3. Coconut oil has many benefits.  Big fan.

4. Very different. Olive oil is short chain fatty acids, where as coconut oil is medium chain. They seem to be the most efficient ingredients the body could use for cellular growth, which attributes to it's many uses.

Even besides all that, rubbing olive oil vs coconut oil on your skin has one major difference. Coconut oil is a solid at room temperature and is much easier to work with to use as a salve.

5. correct. i use coconut oil errrday for skin care and cooking.

6. #6 nanners, Aug 31, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 31, 2013
    Love coconut oil. I cook with it and use it on my skin. Pancakes and plantains taste wonderful in coconut oil. It also has anti fungal properties. I had some toe nail fungus or something and it went away from putting coconut oil on my feet.

I've also made canna-oil with it was super strong compared to using olive oil.

7. I fucks with coconut oil, put it in my smoothies, cook with it and use it for skin care and all that jazz.

8. For cooking coconut oil is the best I use cocunut oil.

9. I love coconut oil i cook with it use it as lotion put it on my hair even eat a table spoon a day

10. I mixed it in with my dogs shampoo and her coat is so shiny now, she smells good, and it helps her dry skin :)

11. Pop corn kernels with coconut oil gangstas! I am telling you, it's a solid offering.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

12. What about hemp seed oil?

Sent from my iPod touch using Grasscity Forum

13. This.

14. great stuff all the way around, i mix it with my RSO for increasing bio-availability, use it for cooking and also on my eczema, something i recently acquired. :(

15. 2 tablespoons of coconut oil plus Organic coffee = Super Coffee!

16. If you take a multivitamin take a tablespoon of coconut oil with it because vitamins and minerals are fat soluble from what I hear

17. Coconut oil helps in reducing wrinkles from your face. Coconut oil is also good for hair nourishment.

18. I use unrefined coconut oil for oil pulling. You just swish it around in your mouth (it melts into liquid really quickly) for 20-40 minutes. It has antibacterial properties which helps clean out all that gunk and phlegm that builds up. My gums felt so much cleaner afterward.
    I'm considering completely cutting out toothpaste and using coconut oil only because the fluoride found in toothpaste (and tap water) blocks the pineal gland, which is directly related to achieving enlightenment.

19. [quote name="grubgrub" post="19111601" timestamp="1386314144"]I use unrefined coconut oil for oil pulling. You just swish it around in your mouth (it melts into liquid really quickly) for 20-40 minutes. It has antibacterial properties which helps clean out all that gunk and phlegm that builds up. My gums felt so much cleaner afterward.I'm considering completely cutting out toothpaste and using coconut oil only because the fluoride found in toothpaste (and tap water) blocks the pineal gland, which is directly related to achieving enlightenment.[/quote]Just because fluoride CAN do that in proper conditions and concentrations, doesn't mean it is doing that in practice, even when you consider human digestion and how it alters the foods and chemicals entering the system. Throw in the blood brain barrier, filters, passages in the brain, the affinity for the binding site, the mechanism and concentration of substrate required. Etc.These are all the things science has been studying since before they decided adding fluoride to drinking water for the betterment of society and health.

20. I made my cold-pressed coconut oil for funsies and have only used it a couple times for skin. It hasn't done much for me yet but I'll use up what I made. For those who are curious to try it, it's arduous fuckin work. But it is worth the perspective. Some people do it for a living. My mom was telling me how some people in her native land would all come together every new years and make these coconut treats as well as how women (specifically her grandmother) would use the oil in their hair to keep it silky and smooth.

I was looking at some other threads and apparently it makes good lube as well.