Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Coconut oil V olive oil question

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by New display name, Oct 15, 2014.

1. So i always use coconut oil normally, its the best i hear because it has more saturated fat (i think), olive oil only has about 14g per 100g saturated, but wouldnt you get the same results by using more olive oil? Like isnt the benefit only when comparing 2 equal quantities? Olive oil is around £1-2 and coconut is around £5-10 so if its just that id rather just use more olive, if im correct that is? Can anybody help?

2. I would assume you are right on that.....both units equal coconut would be better to use. More olive oil would have more overall fat

3. Ugggg I'm sorry I don't know where the dit button in for the mobile site....

But basically you use more olive oil to compensate for the fat content difference

4. Thanks man, thats what im hoping

5. As long as you have enough oil to cover your bud, you'll be good either way. If you're using 3.5 grams of bud, adding more oil isn't going to magically give you more bud or potency. And I know coconut oil is supposed to be the best due to it's fat chains.. your liver handles it better. Not only that, coconut oil is antibacterial due to the lauric acid in it.. which also increases the amount of good cholesterol. Olive oil has no lauric acid in it as far as I know.

6. I think thats probably a good thing, i think too much coconut oil has killed all the good bacteria in my guts, i had a few days in a row of edibles and my tolerance got so high i was almost using half a glass of the stuff and then spend the next week feeling really rough with my stomach leaving me with no doubt it wasnt happy.

7. This is true, but the point is that in recipes, you want the most concentrated oil possible for the best edibles. If your recipe needs 1/4 cup of oil, then you want coconut because it binds with more of your product. If you're just mixing it in a milkshake or something that doesn't really matter though

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum