Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Coconut Oil: The Best Extraction for $9.99

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Sidbenmore, Sep 23, 2010.

1. Coconut Oil Extraction (225-255 F)

Coconut oil is the best method of making a cannabis extract for cooking purposes as Coconut oil is comprised of 92% saturated fat, where as a Butter contains around 66% fat. This obviously allows for a significantly greater absorption of THC. This allows for more potent batches and a smaller margin of error. 12 FL oz of Virgin Coconut Oil costs $8.99 @ GNC

A.) 1 Oz Bud or 4 Oz Leaf
    B.) 1 Cup Virgin Coconut Oil
    C.) 1 Cup Water
    D.) Saucepan
    E.) Thermometer
    F.) Cheesecloth

1.) Pour cup of water into boil
    2.) Add and melt coconut oil
    3.) Reduce to simmer
    4.) Add cannabis
    5.) Stir every so often for 2-3 hrs
    6.) Strain through cheese cloth into a bowl
    7.) Refrigerate for several hours
    8.) Place aluminum foil on the bottom of taperware
    9.) Scoop the Cannabis Cocounut Oil from the mixture.
    10.) Place in the
    10.) Discard the remainig water in the bowl.

* For optimal results do not exceed 350 degrees Fahrenheit

Coconut oil can be eaten straight or mixed into foods and beverages.

2. I recently posted a request for knowledge on the best oil to use & came 2 this conclusion. However the oil I got was only $4.99 for same amount from a local specialty/ produce & natural foods store. It's just IDK how much 2 use in my brownie recipe, because of it's non-liquid form! Do I melt it down & then measure it?

3. I'd say use 8 table spoons

There are some no bake recipes as well.