Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

coconut oil soaking time

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Fredbear, Nov 22, 2018.

1. I make a very easy and potent oil just wanted to see if there was anyway it could be better......as it is right now I am a almost daily edible consumer, so my tolerance is high. I use about a teaspoon in my coffee at night and it gets me feeling right, So we know this works...

So what I do is pretty standard 240 @40 then I melt the oil and put it in a mason jar I use a cup of oil to a oz of trim Ill put it in a pot of boiled water on the stove for hour or so.....but then I leave it in there after it cools for a bit set it aside somewhere kind of drafty or even the fridge, it turns solid AND I THINK this is where the joining of the the to fat happens most when it goes from liquid to soil and then back to liquid again......

ive done it three days with positive results this time around I have a bigger mason jar and have two cups of oil in there and doing a week of heating and cooling liquid to solid

this stuff is awesome though I broke my 3,4,5th vertebras and crushed my lower spine riding motocross, you can imagine my pains in the back but after two years of adding this to my daily coffee I haven't had a sick call for my back since....

One other thing im using this for is Shingles....this is very painful feels like a knife on the inside of my skin that really really hurts if its touched lightly.....My hair is a bit long and sometimes just my hair touching the skin makes it hurt.....anyway after rubbing this on the area it goes away in about 45minutes and has stopped flare ups from coming so often....My mom rubs it on her hands for her arthritis

SOOO anyway I drain this oil thru a French press and it saves lots of time........hope this helps anyone but if theres something Ive missed or can do to help make it better or easier any input is appreciated

• Like Like x 2
  2. You can shorten the processing time down to just 20 minutes as longer doesn't add any strength as near as I can tell after making and taking this version for the past 6 years.
    It's from BadKats Canna caps thread I've just stripped it down as far as possible and no loss in strength of the original recipe.
    Hallucinating Hash Capsules for Hemp Heads
    BNW

3. I’ve always wondered this.......thanks

4. So just coconut oil and trim/buds soaking over heat (after decarb) and it infuses that well? Cool.
    I've been wondering about how to infuse maple syrup but don't know how well the cannabis take to the MS. Could be tasty - not so good as a topical, though. Is the coconut oil you use flavorful?

Thanks -
    cat

5. [​IMG]
    Most coconut oil is near flavorless unlike Olive oil and butter which have medium to strong flavors of their own.
    I've used LouAna for years as it's usually the low price leader and I'm happy with it's performance.
    My wife even switched most of her baking and cooking to Coconut oil as well once she got some experience with it.

Maple Syrup can be infused with 190 proof Tincture and let the alcohol evaporate with some mild heat in a saucepan.
    BNW

6. You would use GD to infuse maple syrup just like the honey. Neither of those would be good for a topical. Coconut oil is best for that. :)

7. Yup - I think I'm getting with the program :thumbsup:
    Thank you both.

cat

• Like Like x 1