Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Coconut Oil Infusion and Decarboxylation Fails - Help!

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Imatyta, Aug 8, 2020.

1. #1 Imatyta, Aug 8, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2020
    Hi Everyone!

I am new to the forum, however I have read a lot on this forum, as well as internet and watched countless videos on youtube. I have ran into major problems during my first times I have tried infusing coconut oil or decarboxylating herb.

I am going to describe what I have done for both:

I have tried infusing weed into coconut oil by using a pot and glass bowl and not boiling but simmering it for 5 hours. I have used 2.5g for 200ml of the oil and made 15 cookies from 100ml, by baking them in 140 degrees celsius. No effect at all.

I have also tried decarboxylating 2g of weed in the oven on cooking paper for 40min in 120 degrees celcius. I have also made cookies with it just like last time and the result was the same.

I am planning on decarboxylating the herb and then infusing it into the oil, however I got burnt twice and I am afraid of wasting more weed :(

What could I be doing wrong?

I hope someone can help me.

Cheers!

2. If you made 15 cookies from 2.5 g herb, then for good 15% herb, each cookie has
    THC ~ 0.15*(2500 mg / 15) = 25 mg

I've made thousands of cookies using this procedure, and they are very good. It's based on BrassNwood's method.
    1. Decarb herb @ 240 F for 40 min
    2. Grind to fine powder
    3. Add herb and a roughly equal amount of lecithin to the recipe oil of any box mix or home recipe
    4. Infuse mixture @ 220 F for 20-40 minutes
    5. Finish the recipe

Each gram of herb used will supply about 150 mg thc to the finished product.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. I understand that I need to do decarb before I infuse it into oil, however you state that I should boil the water during infusion not simmer. Most people say that it should simmer. Also why do you think that decarbing weed at 120 celsius for about 40min did not activate any THC? I have made cookies and nothing came out of it.

Also another question. I understand that from 1g, I could make 10 cookies, as if I get high from 0.1 by smoking it, then by carbing it and infusing I should get even higher since it is all ingested and nothing escapes.

4. Your likely not dosing high enough. 25 mg would be way to much for low dose users like my wife.
    High dose people like myself would eat all the cookies and only get a half a buzz on.
    Make stronger oil and use more of it until you find YOUR personal dosage requirements.
    <-- normal dose is 150mg.

Bake weed first.
    Buds on a cookie sheet uncovered in the oven. 115. Centigrade for 40 minutes.
    Grind decarbed buds to dust.

5 grams Decarbed Kief or Hash or Powdered buds
    1 tablespoon Coconut oil (hits fastest) (14ml)
    1/2 teaspoon Lecithin (power booster) (2.5ml)
    Combine
    Heat 104 Centigrade for 20 minutes
    Freeze (optional)
    Heat 104 C for 20 minutes
    Done

Kief or Hash 1 drop = 3 mg
    Powdered Buds 1 drop = 1mg

Full tablespoon Buds = 750mg
    Kief or Hash = 2500mg

For cooking add the finished tablespoon or a part of it to the oil called for in your baked good. Blend well and cook normally.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This recipe always works and is very predicable in effects.

Take 10mg and wait 2 hours.
    Take 20mg more and wait 2 additional hours
    Take 40mg more and wait 2 more hours
    Keep doubling and waiting until it works.
    It will work.
    When your to stoned to walk or talk stop taking more and count how many mg it took to get the job done.
    Now you know about where to start next time.

This is the safer way to find your personal fun zone without going way the hell off the deep end and with this strength oil you can get seriously hammered off your ass and way into not fun zone.
    Do NOT call 911 and report a cannabis overdose. It will wear off and you'll be fine the next day.

BNW

• Like Like x 1
  5. Damn so from what you are saying, I could have prepared it correctly, but not enough weed was used for the cookies. So by the looks of it from a good gram of herb I can potentially make 2-3 cookies per gram, in order to have a decent high? This does not make sense and I would like to understand the reasoning behind it. The idea of decarbing weed and infusing it into oil is first of all a better high and secondly smoking wastes a lot of THC. So if I can get really high from 0.1-0.2g by smoking it, then why can't I get the same or better result, if I use the same kind of measurement while making edibles? If a cookie consists of 0.1g of weed which was decarbed and infused into the oil, then shouldn't it make me even higher than by smoking it?

I must be missing something here.

6. Here are some things to consider.
    Decarb in air for 40 min @ 240 F. 30 min @ 250 F is also fine.
    Some oven thermometers are way off, so use a verifying thermometer.
    If you decarbed in oil, it doesn't work the same.
    Grind to fine powder and leave the herb in the oil for strongest results.

I agree with you that if your edibles are made correctly, the same amount of herb in them should have a similar potency to the same amount of smoked herb.

• Like Like x 2
  7. #7 Imatyta, Aug 12, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2020
    Update:

I had 100ml of oil leftover from my first infusion, which did not seem to work at the time. Since I had this leftover oil, I decided to make another bath. This time I made 12 cookies (around 0.1g in each based on my measurements). This time I baked for 20min at 110°C and then 15min at 150°C on the top rack. I was very sceptical and I did not believe that it will work, however I ate 3 cookies at once and OMG. I had a bad trip for 2 hours and the high lasted strong for around 8 hours (can't remember the last time I was this high). This made me very happy, however I started to think if decarbing in oven before infusion is necessary? Because it seems that I had activated THC during the baking process. If yes, then I can image how strong those cookies would have been :p

8. At least you know it worked.. I prefer using coconut oil and filling 000 capsules. I usually take 2 and I'm good for 5 hours.