Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

coconut oil high

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by holysmokecigars, Jan 7, 2018.

1. i have made coconut oil and canna paste both decarbed and ate both in pill form and did not get high
    do you have to cook it in food to get high

• Like Like x 1
  2. Try this quick, potent method with however much herb you think it might take to get you medicated.
    It could be anything, but 1 g will blow most people away.
    Decarb @ 240 F for 40 minutes using a verifying thermometer, grind to fine powder, mix into nut butter or nutella.
    You can do this with a fraction of a gram as a test, and risk little.
    I make many other MJ products, and it's as strong as anything.
    I always do the nutella to test new herb.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. is it that different using nutella instead of coconut oil
    it just seems i keep reading about people getting high with coconut oil but I'm not
    using an i dropper and taking at least 2ml is that not enough to have an effect

• Like Like x 1
  4. Got the low down from BrassNwood. on coconut oil recipe. I used olive oil instead. Any oil per BrassNwood said can work and it does! Holy cow

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. If you'll tell exactly what you did- the amounts of cannabis and oil for the oil and paste you made -we can get a read on how potent it is. Once you have decarbed the cannbis it does not need further cooking. Nutella is fatty enough to work and tastes better than the oil. I think you didn't eat enough.

6. used 14 grams of weed probably 12 - 15% the potency and 125 ml of coconut oil cooked 10-11 hours on a double boiler at 170 degrees decarbed first at 200 degrees for 15-20 minutes

• Like Like x 1
  7. Well, the way you made it is a bit weird. Decarb standard is now 240F for 40 minutes, so your decarb was not as effective as it could have been. 11 hours at 170- I don't know what that would do, hopefully it completed the decarb without decimating the THC. It's not necessary to heat the oil and cannabis for that long. Did you stain the cannabis from your oil? That's half your potency left in the mash. If you did not strain the cannabis you got 100% of the goodness. Let's call the potency 15%, that's 14 X 1000 = 14,000 X 15%= 2100 mg cannabis. 2100mg/125 (ml oil) = 16.8 mg/ml. Check my math. If you left the cannabis in the oil that's what you'll have, if you strained the cannabis out, you got ~50% or 8.4 mg/ml. Your two ml dose is not enough.

• Like Like x 1
  8. yes i left material in oil which i guess they call canna paste which like you said makes it more potent
    i will do another batch today and iam going to use 2 ounces of bud at 22% thc and i will decarb like you said
    what do you think about the amount of coconut oil and how long to cook and at what temperature

• Like Like x 1
  9. Wow, please do not do two ounces at one time until you have done a successful smaller batch. I like the 1:1 ratio of cannabis to oil, but I do not cook with buds anymore, preferring to cook with concentrates. At 22% THC you have a potency of 220 mg/gram. Maybe decarb a couple of grams and, if you're experienced, eat 1/4 to 1/2 of that or .25-.5 grams. See what your sweet spot is and extrapolate from there. .5 grams is a pretty big dose. Enjoy, in any case. I'm free today to help personally- to make and taste the oil.

• Like Like x 1
  10. how long should i cook

11. After decarb I would cook for no longer than two hours. If you're leaving the cannabis in the oil that will be more than needed.

12. @holysmokecigars
    Start small and simple.
    5 grams is all you need for a 15 dose batch with weed for most peoples tolerance.
    Decarb 240 F for 40 minutes open air in oven on cookie sheet.
    5 grams powdered decarbed weed-hash-BHO-ABV
    2.5 teaspoons Coconut oil (any cooking oil works)
    .5 teaspoon lecithin (optional power booster)
    Heat 220 F for 20 minutes
    Freeze
    Heat 220 F for 20 minutes.
    Done
    Makes 30 kickassed doses done with hash or BHO
    Extend heat times for batches over say 3 tablespoons by 5 or 10 minutes.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Knocked out another 380 caps yesterday of this grade.
    BNW

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. thanks
    will try today

• Like Like x 1
  14. with about 20% thc potency putting in 00 capsules what is good number to take to start out using your 5 gram receipe

• Like Like x 1
  15. brassNwood are you using coconut oil and are you leaving bud in
    are you using coconut oil and are you leaving bud in mix and are you cooking it in oven or on a burner almost looks like rso oil

• Like Like x 1
  16. 00 is a big cap and you'll likely need just 5 or 10 drops for a first run. Start slow and work your way up at 2 hour intervals
    BNW

sent from my spaceship in orbit around Omicron Persei 8

• Like Like x 1
  17. @holysmokecigars
    I work mostly with dry ice hash-kief and yes I leave the hash in the mix. Same process with powdered to dust bud.
    [​IMG]
    My trusty toaster oven does it all. Getting ready to decarb that pan of bud scraps I'll then wash with 190 proof to tincture.
    BNW

• Like Like x 2
  18. BNW, I like your style. I usually work with dry ice sift...but that 2 hour window you mentioned is very important IMHO. Trying to figure out how to heat what I have already bottled in a 30 ml eye dropper bottle and go back to the freezer without decanting it and wasting some or cracking the bottle.....want those CBNs

19. Hit the pet store for a tiny stainless steel cat food dish and place your dropper bottle in that and the whole thing in a shallow tray of hot water. Then if your dropper bottle does crack all is not lost as the metal dish will catch it.
    If it's Coconut oil an hour in the sun should change it back to liquid. 15 seconds in the microwave to soften. Won't hurt it.
    I store my finished oils and all the tools, eyedroppers dirty in the fridge as well so a few minutes in the sun or nuke em and they are ready for use.

BNW

• Like Like x 1