Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Coconut Oil for Capsules with Bud/Not Hash

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by bennieboy777, Feb 20, 2013.

1. Hey all,

I've been making capsules for a while now using BKS tutorial. The only difference is I've been using bud instead of hash. Mostly because I have no access to hash around me. I follow BKS guide word for word, I decarb 20 minutes including pre-heat, and then I add 10 minutes to all the cooking times following (because I'm using bud).

The end product, however, is nothing like in the pictures. It's a dark green color with all the bud separated in a dark gunk at the bottom of the dish. So I normally just put the oil in capsules and put them in a bag and stick them in my freezer. Then I fill the rest of the capsules with the gunk at the bottom and also stick them in my freezer.

I guess my question is, is there anyway to get a more consistent result? It would be nice to get a nice thick paste and just fill a couple capsules with that. I already grind the bud into a very very fine powder before cooking with it. Should I cook it longer? Should I raise the temperature?

Any tips you guys have for me would be great. Thanks :smoking:

2. If you use bud, you should strain the weed out of the oil with some cheesecloth or other filter. The oil will remain the same consistency. If you really want to use the weed and all, you can always blend it into a sludge and fill your caps.:)

3. Yeah I've done that before, but the solid weed sludge at the bottom is usually very potent and so I don't want to let that go to waste or anything. There's nothing I can do to make the solution more consistent? Could I add flour like in BKS "poor man's capsules"?

4. You could use flour, but I think I might still use a blender to homogenize it. :)

5. Should I add the flour after I take out the oil? Or add it to the original solution right after it cools?

Thanks for your help btw :D

6. It's no problem.

You originally expressed the wish for just one step for the capping, so I would think adding the flour before straining. Don't add a lot. And also, very important, do not use all of your product to test it. Do just a little bit first and see how it works, then after you've frozen them, give them a few hours. As BKS says, just use enough flour to make them runny, not a paste.

Good luck! :D

7. Here's what I do: I run the oil through a standard tea strainer (mine is pretty fine mesh) which does not stop the smaller particles from going through. Then when I'm filling my caps with an eye dropper, I pull from off the bottom of the cup, getting some of the green stuff each time. So every capsule pretty much has some of the green stuff in it.

8. I use cheese cloth and i never have any bud in my oil