Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Coconut oil extraction

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by smashingpumpkin, Apr 3, 2011.

1. I extracted about a gram and a half of herb into coconut oil. I think I used a bit much of coconut oil, far more than a few teaspoon, and so my oil is probably not so concentrated. But, just out of curiosity, what color did most of your oils turn out to be (for those who did a coconut oil extraction). Mine ended up taking a light green color, similar to my canna butter, but i've seen some that take on a browner/darker color. Could this be due to the lower concentration of cannabinoids due to my excessive amount of oil? Anyways, I will use this later tonight and report back on the results, to determine how well it worker. Going to make pills, but it seems like I will require a larger dosage, due to the low concentration of the oil.. I will try to consume about .5g so a third of the total amount of oil.

2. i think it's working.. Getting that floaty feeling about a half an hour in and music is getting relaxing. Ate them a half hour ago on some toast (don't have capsules yet). It formed a nice circular solidified piece at the bottom of the bowl. Cut off a quarter of it, and spread it on toast, kinda like butter. By the way that's the most disgusting way to consume, can't wait for those capsules to come in, but at least it's getting me high :D

3. Yeah the coconut oil should turn a greenish brownish color, but if you used a lot of oil then the color might not be as "deep". I like using coconut oil b/c the coconut flavor seems to help mask some of the taste. Plus its better for you than butter.