Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Coconut cannaoil crockpot Help

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Communistic, Sep 15, 2013.

1. Hey guys so im going to make some coconut oil for brownies my plan is this
    1. Decarb @ 220 for 20min (does it have to be in nugs or can it be broken down already? Or would that burn it sense its at grain consistentcy?)
    2. Im using a zip (28g) with 1 1/2 coconut oil. (Iev read about the water method with crock pot but I cant seem to find the ratio for how much water to use for 1 1/2 oil?)
    3. Plan is to cook it on warm for 6hrs, (should I do more or less?)

Please answer these 3 questions if you know the answer, thanks in advance!

2. #2 Digs n Dabs, Sep 15, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2013
    I make these "medicated capsules" for a friend with serious pain. FYI the more you cook your buds (anything over 20/30 min for decarb) the  more you will be degrading your THC into CBD/CBN etc... This makes it more like medicine (more of a low) and a pain killer. IE happy caps.

3. Hmm ok I thought decarb was making THCA--->THC?

4. It does convert thc-a into thc and it also converts thc into cbn. It all depends on how long you decarb for, all you're doing is speeding up the aging process

1. Grind it fine and decarb it. You want to increase surface area as much as you can so you have an ven decarb.
    2. I wouldnt mix it with water. Just bake it in a pyrex dish at 220 for 45 minutes with the decarbed weed and coconut oil then mash the bud up to increase absorption and put it in for another 45 minutes. Freeze it for 24 hours, remelt and strain it and you got canna oil. All of this info can be found in badkats cannapharm sticky in the edibles section.

5. Thanks anyone else wana chip in?

6. Ok so its been in the crockpot for 2 hours 4 more to go, highest temp it reached was 210 it did form a little bit of bubbles but I got it down as fast as possible. It smells like caramelized weed, do u think dmg was done?

7. Use this for decarb...  http://www.marijuanagrowershq.com/decarboxylating-cannabis-turning-thca-into-thc/
    Ive tried it for about 50 minutes below 240 fahrenheit or more like 200-240( didnt understand my new oven yet) and it makes 0,4g of the cheapest coffeeshop hash very worth it

I prefer crockpot for oilmaking.. had it up to 4 days inside in a jar surounded by water. When making brownies. Setting on low. And stir from time to time. I use my oil to make honey with. last time I tried a lower soaking time because I was impatient. Made a few errors so there's still room for improvement. But 4 teaspoons of that honey is very effective ( 1 jar of honey to 5 grams of crappy hash). If It's eaten with yoghurt with me I start feeling the high at around 35 minutes every time for about 4 hour stone by then I usually fall alseep. You can eat it just off the spoon or mix it with tea. Wanna try mixing it with lemongrass tea.. should strenghten the effect.