Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Coconut Canna Oil

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by van richten, Apr 26, 2013.

1. I made some oil this weekend with an oz of mids and 14 oz of coconut oil. Cooked in a slow cooker on low for ~10 hours but had to cut the cooking time because something came up. The oil strained and jarred right now and I saved the herb from the crock pot. It's been sitting in my room for a few days now and I'm wondering if I should put it back into the crock pot this weekend for perhaps 24 more hours.

-Is it worth it to do this?

-Is the THC still binding to the oil while it's being stored in my jar?

...waiting on my order of soy lecithin btw

2. I use 6 hours on low, some people 4, so I wouldn't bother.

Yes, I think so, if you wanted to make canna oil without heat you could just leave them to sit together for like a month or so and it would work.

3. I'd say you should freeze it for increased bio-availability.

I wouldn't put it in the crock pot again unless you want an extremely sleepy oil

4. This, I freeze mine halfway through for an hour or two, no idea if it makes a difference, but it's just fun to do :)

5. I'm sort of a Noob at making edibles so can someone help me out? I have made brownies using canola or vegetable oil and they came out great every time I made them (about three or four times). I used 10 dimes of weed and cut the pan into eight brownies. Last week I made "special" chocolate with coconut oil, 2 oz of baker's chocolate and 2 dimes of weed. Both times I got the same type of dro from the same person but he chocolate was stronger than the brownies despite there being less weed in it overall. Does this have anything to do with the type of oil I use for extraction?

6. I forgot to mention. When I made the chocolate I took some of the two dimes and smoked it with a friend. I'd say maybe a quarter of one dime.