Coco Scrog/lowryder....temp question

Discussion in 'Coco Coir' started by deacon, Jun 24, 2010.

1. hey guys .....running 18/6 light in my 4th week veg...trying to top out my screen......during the 18 hour daylight period temps are 75/76......close up the tent for night and temp go up to 78/79....is this reverse in nature gonna mess with the plants genetic clock or anything...tell ya one thing.....no stretch..lol....busted a top off outside plant trellising..if thats a word....looked real dead.....trimmed spme leaves....cut at 45...plugged in coco ....lookin mean and green after 3days...coco rocks....any input is great.....thanks guys....the deacon

2. I run my scrog at about the same temperature ranges so you should be fine there. ;) Happy growing is coco growing.

3. thanks Mrs. Ed.....so much to learn in growin'

4. And once you think you know, the more you realize there is always more things to learn. Gardening always has something to keep you on your toes, that is the thrill of it. :D :wave:

5. that scrog you've got going is sweet.....i used 50 lb fishing line...pretty sharp......next screen will be insulated wire..should be easier on the plants...watering is a little tough to get complete coverage...any suggertion..a wand of some sort???...how often do you water..i think ed said he waters often...i may start watering a litle bit e very day but dors this promote deep root growth or is all the water kept up top..sorry for so many questions but you seem to have this coco dialed in ....thanks ....tha deacon:)

6. Hey Deacon! I don't water that much, I used to be gung ho and hit them every-other day whether they needed it or not, but that was a lot of extra work. I use bigger pots now (5 gal) and give them 2 days between watering usually.

MrsEd can tell you her watering program and that monster container she has :)

Oh - long funnels work good for watering in the back, auto stores have long ones for transmission and oil. I sometimes use them to get to the back of my closet.

7. thanks guys...as always you are a great help...just got back from the grow store...always seem to spend more that i planned..lol....got the cal/mag plus..am stoked...just got back from the goodwill store....bought some fake flowers im gonna wire to my outside ladies stretchin' for my fence top...a little camoflage.....probly hookie but anything to make them look kosher fron da air....in the name of security...cant wait to try some of mine....get some of this nasty blood outta my resin stream..lol thanks.....the deacon:Dps how long before i switch to 12/12 should i change up the nutes for flowering and should i give them 24 hours dark before the switch...germin' some barneys lsd...cant wait...here this kicks ass

8. Great pickup on the calmag, it will make a world of difference for you. The flowers sound like a cool idea. I follow a few outdoor grows (they are just so cool to watch), several clip the sunleaves in half so the tip is not so prominent perhaps that might help to camouflage a bit more.

There are various opinions on the dark cycle between veg/flower so it really is a personal choice for you. We personally do not do the dark cycle.

For nutes....this is my first grow with Jenna Boo so I will defer to someone else to answer you there properly.

Yep, that was the reason why I did not go with the fishing line. The plastic lacing seems to work well so far. This will be the first run to completion in a scrog (last one hermied). I have seen several done with the insulated wire with good results.

Nope, not dialed in in the slightest for me anyway. Just playing it by ear and being an overly protective mom. I keep showing leaves to Ed thinking something might be going wrong but it seems to be holding steady for the moment. Watering schedule....still dialing that in. Have gone 13 days without water at the end of veg but now she is starting to drink up a bit.

Yes...can't wait to be smoking some LSD again, just a great smoke. :smoking: :D

9. On the nutes and flip....

I know the instructions tell you normally to switch nutes with the lights, but a lot of times I find that nitrogen will run out early with some heavy feeders, and you'll get yellowing pretty early in flowering. To avoid this I normally don't switch nutes until after the transition period (10-14 days after flip). This can keep them a little greener a little longer.

Just my preference though, some people mix veg & bloom nutes during transition or for a bit afterwards, or hit them with veg nutes for a cycle or two if needed in mid flowering. As long as it works for you you can switch at any time IMO, when you call first bud though, P usage really picks up so you should be using bloom by then to avoid any issues. This is when magnesium and calcium really get used up too.

LSD's are light feeders and don't give you a lot of headaches :) Lovely strain to smoke and grow!

10. thanks again guys.........i wish i had an in house expert but the wifes still kinda walkin' on eggshells until i explain what i could save on bud...just personal use....but i use a good bit of middy....cant wait to put some quality herb in the air.........nice response on the nutes ed...that makes good sense on the nitro...on my scrog i'm just about ready to flip and have several nice exposed tops a couple inches below the screen...i asume these will scream for the screen during flowering........thanks as always for takin' the time.....many thanks...the deacon....gonna get the wife to snap some pics today as i know a picture tells a great deal more.......gotta clean the tent for photo op....like havin the inlaws over:eek:......lmao