Coco salt build up?? Idk

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by FreshnootBudz, Jun 2, 2011.

1. So I'm going coco for the first time and iv started to notice a very small amount of some white crap on top of coco in a few plants but not all.
    I'm almost positive it's not any harmful fungi or bacteria and I think it's salt build up, there's so little of it(if I added it all up it wudnt cover a pinky nail) that it's hard to tell. I'm thinking that it's gotta be from the nutrients caus I always notice it after the top lair of coco dries after I hand water the ladies.

If any of u guys know what this may be then let me know. I'm not worried about it now but I don't want this to turn into a problem.

2. salt will build up with non organic nutrients

you should probably flush coco every 3-4 weeks

sounds like salt though, and not enough that its hurting yet.

3. sounds like salt buildup to me. it's dry and crusty huh? Either - flush every few weeks....water till you get more runoff... or add a couple props of HG's dripclean per gallon.

:)

4. Thanx man that's what I thought it was but just wanted to make sure since it my first time in coco. By the way... If any one is wondering about going coco let me say it's freakn great. It's cheaper than dirt and still gets fast growing time like a standard hydro set up. I highly recommend it!!!

5. hell yeh dude...I love coco...did soil for years and made the switch and never looked back. I thought it would be tough to get the hang of but I've had nothing but great results with it..and I actually think it's easier then soil.

6. same as me i think its easier than soil but i found that soil can be more forgiving if you naff it up