Coco ratio

Discussion in 'Coco Coir' started by reggie1387, May 3, 2019.

1. Righto I’ll pick the 3 or 5. Yeah I’m
    Current making bucks to go under the pots the catch the run off. Righto I’ll give that a shot. I might need some redesigning of my setup when I put the scrog net on it.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Definitely coco doesn't move water laterally very well it pretty much is going to go straight down under each dripper this is the reason for so many drippers and the recommended weekly hand watering

• Like Like x 1
  3. Definitely coco doesn't move water laterally very well it pretty much is going to go straight down under each dripper this is the reason for so many drippers and the recommended weekly hand watering

4. Yeah I’ll give them a good hand water. I’m only making a automated system because of my work roster. But I do get days off where I’ll be able to give them some attention.

You said you grow in 2gal pots. How many plants do you have? What size grow room?

5. I use the smaller bricks of coco from Bunnings as it is a little less stringy. I use there perlite to.
    60% coco / 40% perlite is all I use. I drill extra holes in plastic pots and line them with fly screen. I use canna classic synthetic nutrients.
    20190504_215938.jpg

6. I'm in a small closet 2' ×2 1/2' I'm only on my second run I grew 4 autos the first one with good results. Tried 4 again this time and 2 of them are getting so big they are pushing the other 2 out probably going to get rid of these 2 this weekend maybe just one is all I'll have to sacrifice.
    Here's my first grow pics

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1

7. Hey fellow Aussie grower. Yeah I’ll be grabbing the small one. Got the 90L one last time and had the wheelbarrow full, buckets full had it everywhere. I was thinking either 70/30 or 60/40
    How do you find growing in plastic pots?

8. They are autos? Bloody hell they did better then my 3 thc bombs I grew! What sort of light do you use?

9. I use the quantum boards those were grown under the 288s on a 24/0 light schedule

10. 288 are great lights I have 3 in my 3x3. I want to get a 4th and re design my light frame.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. 14L plastic pots 20190222_002601.jpg

12. Looks like they are growing well. I’ve noticed most people were growing in smart/fabric pots weren’t sure how they went in plastic

13. That pic was a few days after the chop.
    20190122_175915.jpg

14. Nice looking plants! How much did you end up getting off them?

15. It cleared a pound for sure. I didn't have big scales to get an exact number. Bonza seeds! Check out my grow journal.

• Like Like x 2

16. Just checked it out mate nice work. How was the green crack? I’ve just started some green crack seedlings from MNSL seeds.

17. It was the more rare taste and texture of the three strains. Lavender taste and smell.

18. I have read online it’s hit a miss some people have good results some not so good.

19. So I got around to finally making up my coco/perlite. I went 70/30. I hydrated the coco peat brick as per the instructions in a wheel barrow then added the perlite. And using this link How to Prepare and Buffer Coco Coir I started to buffer my coco. I seen it says make the solution to ec 1200-2000. Is that ment to be ppm? I have a tds meter. But when googling ec to ppm I couldn’t work it out. And my tds came back at about 800ppm. I added my 5gal, 3gal and 1 smaller pots into my container with 20L of water. Make sure the ph was above the 6.2 like in the link.

Attached Files:

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. All I do with coco is wash a lot of tap water thru it until the runoff is clear. I've quit using ec ppm meters for a while. But from memory flushing it did lower the salt levels. I also run tap water thru the perlite quickly.