Coco questions/help

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Jbenz420, Nov 25, 2017.

1. First time growing in coco so I just want to make sure all is right.
    Planted germ seed in pre soaked coco 6.0 ph in 3g smart pot
    It popped out of soil but the first set of leaves haven’t spread open so my questions and concerns
    I’m using floraduo and cal/mag also an autoflower
    Do I start cal/mag right away?
    Is ph of 5.8 a good range?
    When would you add the floraduo?
    I’m also looking to water/feed/water/feed/etc is that a good schedule
    And at first do 1/4 strength
    Mix nutes and then check ph

Thanks in advance just trying to smooth everything out

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. I used only canna a and b up and till flower. Seedling shouldnt need anything for first week then just start at VERY low % nutes. Your seedling isnt going to start well in a 3 gal pot. Your going to end up wiyh salt build up and over watering.

Plants do better at a early stage if you keep moving the pot size up , roots get established alot quicker.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. In coco you feed every water. As a young plant let the coco dry out abit.

• Like Like x 1
  4. I heard it wasn’t best transplanting autoflowers that’s why I started it in the 3g
    Did you also use cal/mag with the canna a b

5. Sorry benz you will be right i missed auto part.

I juat used canna a and b

For first 5 weeks

Now i use a and b/ boost / pk and another nute.

To be honest i havent really looked into details. Ive just put in the nutes it says on bottle and not had any issues all grow barring 1.

My friend works at a hydro shop ao i juat listen to what he said ha

• Like Like x 1
  6. I’ve read so much it gets confusing lol but thanks for the input and your grow looks great

7. Just remember in coco it has 0 nutes in it unlike soil. So your plant is only taking in what your giving it.

If you water it with no nutes all your soing ia flushing nutes out. If you wver flush in coco you need to use your normal feed mix.

8. You feed every time it needs watering?

9. Yes - you feed every time. Start with 1/4 strength nutes and up it as necessary. Never just water.

• Like Like x 1
  10. And what about a flush every 3-4 watering/feedings

11. I used canna veg, cannazym and rhizotonic in vegging stage following and I followed the guide on how much nutrients to add depending on what stage the plants are at.

The grow chart that tells you what to use can be found on the canna website. Grow Guide | CANNA UK

Sent from my SM-G900FD using Grasscity Forum mobile app

12. For what reason? Flushing would only be required if you developed some kind of problem due to a bad pH in the root zone. If you feed to run off every feeding you will never have to flush. This is not soil - it's hydroponics.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Whenever I see a coco question I refer people to mick. He knows his shit.

I've also never had to flush because of nutrient buildup in promix. It's quite similar to coco. Just feed lite and often. That's what plants like. Everyone thinks that if they make their nutrients stronger the plant will grow faster. Most times that doesn't work out and can eventually lead to buildup and needing a flush. If you feed a comprehensive mix daily the plant will never be deficient.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Should I use the cal/mag in the beginning along side the floraduo
    And if so do I use that at 1/4 strength

15. Benz if you ever have to flush , you flush with your nute mix not plain water.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. I used 1.5 ml cal mag with cana on mine after they turned a week old and kept it at that strength till they started flower shortly after I saw a deficiency and raised it to 5 ml... seems to be working great

• Like Like x 1
  17. One of the unique things about coco is ,for some reason that is scientific I forgot, it needs more cal/mag then other mediums. That is the main difference between standard hydro feed and a coco specific blends. The coco blend just has more cal/mag.