Coco Problem With Clones

Discussion in 'Coco Coir' started by jony11, Jun 16, 2014.

1. #1 jony11, Jun 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2014
    hello, I took a CLONE in a soil pot took it out, wash the roots, and then move it to coco pot.
    now its been 12 hours and I see the leaves like that. (include pics)

a little info about the plant..
    his under 200W LED light, 31.5C temp, using water with advanced nutrients.
    after I put him in the pot I gave him a little bit water (not much) with PH and sensi grow A&B

please help.
    thanks

Attached Files:

2. “If it is a Him”! Unless I was doing some breeding I would pull it. But assuming it is female then after taking and washing the soil off the roots there has been lots of damage to the root structure no matter how careful you were at removing the soil. All plants have very tiny and super fine roots coming off its main roots system and disturbing and damaging these will always send the plant into shock. This is going to take a few days to recover from and show signs of improvement, make sure to soak the coco real good I put mine in the bathtub with cold and very slow water pressure and use the shower head to really soak the coco and get things settled around the roots, tuck her in! Then on second day of transplant I would use at 1/3 the rate recommended your nutes, which I water coco from outside of pot to center until run off starts. After 2 watering's of 1/3 nute rate I would raise to normal rates. I have used this method quite a few times and always had the plant rebound and do just fine.

3. [SUB]sorry, yes its female.[/SUB]
    [SUB]and if you can see in the pic, the leave is now dead, and its keep going on another leaves, I hope she wont die,[/SUB]

[SUB]thanks[/SUB]

4. It's ok. Alot of older leaves might show signs of stress. Pinch it off and continue to do what your doin with the AN. Don't go more than 1.6 EC tho.
    Not all strains react to the same feeding.

5. that looks like Cal Mg deficiency to me.  Coco holds a lot of cal mg so you need to feed it extra cal mg.  Personally I use General hydro cal mg in my coco

• Like Like x 1
  6. #6 keehs, Mar 6, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 7, 2015
    Transplanting hurts. The he or she is fine though. It'll bounce back. Just try to to shock them until he she it looks better.

EDIT try NOT to shock.... sorry

This.  It looks like a Calcium / Magnesium deficiency to me too.  Just add some more Cal/Mg and you should be fine.