Coco/Perlite Hempy Buckets and Jacks 15-12-26

Discussion in 'Coco Coir' started by Ravenboy, Apr 9, 2016.

1. I found the digital hygrometers you mentioned on Ebay. $1.33 free shipping. I'm gonna get 3-4.

• Like Like x 1
  2. which ones or which seller are they from? I bought a few small round black ones from a Chinese seller on eBay and they all 3 read different temp and humidity readings. Seemed really inaccurate..is there a way to fix that?

Tokes LED multi-strain hotspot

• Like Like x 2
  3. its not different from hydro - hydro just means all nutes come from the water. ccoco- the way i do it IS hydro.

so is aeroponics. so is dwc. they all differ.

the different methods of growing hydroponically (all nutes from the water) vary a lot.

• Like Like x 1
  4. i have gotten the same 1.30 sensors from 4 different chinese sellers.

i have a really good one that i use as a reference

i put it on the table, and all of the new hygrometers beside it and wait a day, and note how much "off" each on is as compared to the reference. write that number on the hygrometer, and later on the jar that its going into.

when i check the jars, i read the humidity, adjust for the error mentally... i am only looking for relative RH drops after i put in a new boveda pack - if it drops 3 or 4 points, its time for a new bodega bag.

when the batteries run down, the measurements displayed get wacky. sometimes merely reading low.

• Like Like x 3
  5. #125 Ravenboy, Jun 3, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2016
    the two Criticals, i think i started final flush a little late -

three days into final, one of them started showing a lot of amber trichomes, i considered chopping but decided to wait. The other one has amber too, but less. these basically went to significant amber fast.... overnight almost

last time i did a short final flush (i had been feeding the same as now) and the final product was still fine, white ash and all that. that flush was 4 days. I might chop that plant tonight

and it looks like the 3 remaining zombies are ready to go into final flush. These i am pretty sure are not too early (i just finished 4, whereas with the critical, i had no experience as to how fast they ripened)

i will post picts tomorrow, its night in the tents now)

combined weight from the two tents, i am thinking about a pound. Not too bad considering how small the first 4 zombies were (11 oz - 4 plants, 2.75 oz avg). I'd be happy if it was as low as 29 ounces. Heck, i'd be happy anyway since i will have enough to last the rest of 2016 and then some. To get a pound these 6 have to make 21oz... i only have to get from 2.75 oz per plant to 3.5oz per plant. its do-able, given how these plants are shaping up in final flower.

I grow about twice a year depending on stash level. I grow from seed because i like to travel between grows.
    so each grow has to be on the BIG side, or i run out.

• Like Like x 3
  6. My tent temps had been getting into the high 60's at night so i added a heater a couple of days ago to keep it at 75. wow the buds really showed the difference, LOTS of swelling after the temp going up

• Like Like x 4
  7. Thanks bro

Tokes LED multi-strain hotspot

• Like Like x 2
  8. Here is a series of photos taken May 25, 10 days ago.

This is a Critical + (Critical #2) - it had a hard early life, having gotten stunted during a heat wave. It vegged for almost 10 weeks before it was ready to flip. It was vegged and into flower and through stretch under an amare 350-UVB.

i don't like the long internode spacing that the two Criticals developed during stretch under this light.

the other 5 plants in the same tent didn't stretch as much as the 2 critical, but the stretched a lot more (double the internode spacing) of the 4 that were vegged under the 1000w (actual draw) Mars and Mars II lights in the other tent. The internode spacing in that tent was about 1-1.5 inches. I had colas from the edge of the pot to the top.

still these 2 critical are pretty nice. I think both will exceed the 2.75 oz average i got from the other tent - they could go 3.5 each

I LST the plants, topping at 5 nodes, and training the two new tops in opposite directions around the edge of the pot, maybe 1.5 inches above the edge. so in most cases the tops you see on all my plants originate from those two horizontal branches.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  9. I am pretty pumped today. Last night i put the 3 Zombies and the Dream Machine into final flush. I used a weak strength of Floraclean, Phd to 5.8, flushed with 4 gallons, then finished with plain water (finished being runoff less than 100 PPM higher than what I am pouring in)

from now on only water. 4 the first three days or so I water with about 6 liters of Phd water. Then of a few days 4 liters and at then end I am down to 2 liters.

the critical looks like they are almost ready to chop. I am waiting a few days because i want some amber for sure.
    not enough yet and buds are still swelling

my estimates say ill have enough product that it will last until February 2017. Ill need to do another from this year, before our summer gets too hot, to carry me through summer of 2017 (thats your winter)

in december, january, february, I'd have to run my AC to grow in my apartment. Don't need to if i
    time my grows right, and get good enough yields

I have tried squeezing lots of plants into my tents, but these days i like no more than 5 per tent, and i like 4 even better. Thats why I am switching to PPKs. I'll get faster and larger growth than i would ever see in a hand watered hempy bucket. plus then - no more hand watering once the plants are established.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Here is a shot of that same Critical + from May 20, 5 days before the shorts in the preceding post

its the front most plant. on the left and behind you can see a bit of the Dream Machine, and on the right and behind, is the other Critical +

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  11. This is Zombie 5 - May 25

This one also was stunted by heat and was vegged for ten weeks or so. Of all the Zombies (7) in the grow, I had three phenotypes.

short, squat, wide indica leaves, nt a lot of trichomes. enough... less purple - smooth smoke, good enough stone

short, squat, wide indica leaves,with TONS of trichomes.... a lot more purple - tastes a bit like good hash when you smoke it. Deep stone - more purple

and this photo the third pheno:

lanky, thin leaves, buds have that sativa look as they develop. tremendous amount of trichomes. buds not so large but maybe that was something I did (was under the Amare long time, started to put on a lot more weight when moved into the other tent). seems like its on the way to deep purple.

I haven't sampled it yet.

May 25 - to me this is showing a lot of sativa traits. Zombie kush is 20% sativa.... i wish i had kept a clone. even though the buds are going to be small when harvested, it might be good smoke. Its unusual. Not like any photo of a zombie kush i can find on the web

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  12. Here is that critical + #2 yesterday, 2 weeks later than the last image post

its a little different shape now, i had to wire branches together to support the weight. might have to use stakes soon

this one is still packing on weight - its been in final flush a week now - getting close but still not much amber.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Wow! That's a strange looking plant. It might be some trippy exotic smoke. Have you cut nitrogen to reduce leaf growth yet?

• Like Like x 1
  14. Here is Zombie Kush 5 - the sativa-like phenotype - 2 weeks later

may 20 example

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2 weeks later
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  15. #135 Ravenboy, Jun 6, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2016
    deleted

• Like Like x 2
  16. That looks so exotic! The colors are nice! I want some! Haa!

• Like Like x 1
  17. #137 Ravenboy, Jun 6, 2016
    other than being a purple strain and the fact it looks more sativa than indica, what is strange looking?

i do admit its somewhat unique. and finally its putting on more weight, but this one isn't going to be a record setter

but to answer your question, i reduced N at the end of stretch about 8 weeks ago. thats the nice thing about jacks. Once you flip, once you see abundant pre flowers - gradually start reducing, the calcinit, and raising the PPM of jacks gradually so at the end of stretch you are at 600PPM jacks and 0- calcinit.

at that point you are feeding 5-12-26. I don't use any other additives during flower other than floralicious +, root accelerator, molasses and silica - two weeks before final flush i stop doing weekly molasses, stop using silica, stop using root stimulator. just jacks.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Cool. Not strange, just unique. Gonna be awesome!

• Like Like x 1
  19. sorry man, i edited that post while
    you were editing yours

it is a little strange. the buds, while not huge, are rock hard all the way to the lip of the pot.

lots of light penetration for this one, mostly because a lot of the buds are on the small side.

haven't sampled this one.... Ive only sampled the critical +. Maybe I will sample it tonight.

its the only Zombie Kush like this one, expressing the sativa. i had another Zombie with as many trichomes

i think hopefully 2 zips from this one. thats than i estimated a month ago. it will finish soon,there is not much more time for more swelling.... went into final flush two days ago

• Like Like x 3
  20. #140 Schplakken, Jun 6, 2016
    I took the one that is slightly smaller outside for some sun. 10 weeks and 3 days above ground. 10 days since flip. 13-14 tops on each one. They are just where I want them for now. I'm going for big colas and not a bunch of small buds. Send the power to the top! Tomorrow they will get the third and final mite treatment. The Capt. Jack's Deadbug worked ok, and the Azamax killed the rest. I hope tomorrow that any eggs that have hatched will be eliminated for good.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3