Coco/Perlite Hempy Buckets and Jacks 15-12-26

Discussion in 'Coco Coir' started by Ravenboy, Apr 9, 2016.

1. Those are gorgeous and I love the recipe to be able to grow something like that what's Jack's?

Sent from my BLU DASH 3.5 II using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
  2. I also use coco and perlite but I feed from above like it's a soil plant am I doing it wrong?

Sent from my BLU DASH 3.5 II using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  3. J.R. Peters is the company. Jacks Professional Hydroponic 15-12-26 is the product name, and you also buy the J.R. Peters calcinit for added calcium and nitrogen during the veg phase. its a dry fertilizer, granules. Theres information about it on the first couple pages of this thread

• Like Like x 1
  4. ? i feed from above too. I hand water about 1.5 liters per plant every day.

basically this is passive hydroponics, using coco as a soil-less medium. I use hempy buckets but its still just like doing Coco DTW, using hydroponic, salt based base nutrients (the jacks)

• Like Like x 4
  5. Man your making me Love that zombie Kush. We have been debating going to the maxibloom n veg, maybe Advance but I am going to look into also. Know of anyone with rough to get down pH using jacks ? I don't like using much down, been thinking of the other downs also but not finding alot of info on em .

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. 10 percent sulfuric acid is what i use for down. diluted battery acid. cheap and stable, and even adds something plants like.

when i mix my mix, it comes out at about 6.5 PH or so, so i do PH it to 5.8, and for me the added sulphur from the ph down only adds to the smell of the buds, no adverse effects that i can see at all.

i recently found threads on other forums, growers in coco dtw and also turface PPK systems using jacks and not PH-ing their feed. they just let it settle wherever it wants to given the water they use in the mix. i will try that someday, but what i am doing now works so well it might be a while before i experiment.

regarding PH, jacks is very stable in a reservoir over long periods, compared to other hydro ferts.

maxi bloom is good stuff... i considered it. its a good base to start from.

I'm all dialed in on the Jacks... next trip to USA i will bring back enough for the next two grows. Why change a good thing?

• Like Like x 2
  7. I was recently reading on another online forum about PPKs and Jacks. a PPK is a top/bottom fed recirculating hydro setup usually using turface (or other calcined clay) as the medium, and a special bucket designed to eliminate the issues caused by having a perched water table. The growing bucket has a medium loaded tailpiece that serves both as a bottom feed wick, and to move the PWT to a point below the bottom of the bucket.

One thing that stood out is that a post from last year, the creator of the PPK system said he doesn't do a final flush, that he doesn't notice any improvement after, say, a week of final flush. so he just feeds until chop day.

I'm final flush, but have found that a week is plenty when using jacks. I have another round coming up, about 5 weeks in flower, Zombie Kush, Critical and Dream Machine. I will pick one of those plants and not give it a final flush and see if i agree...

sounds heretical. but hey, ill try it anyway.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Thank you that's what we want something better that may be more effective for us and the lady's. We have been using a modified modified Ironhead head Lucas formula using gh's cocotek but think one of these may work better.

• Like Like x 1
  9. I read what's coming and going and spot ck here n there, so far haven't had any that will take more then like 1 EC couple coming up I am sure will. I feel if your not loading them hard there not a huge flush needed besides what it handles naturally.

• Like Like x 1
  10. #71 Ravenboy, May 10, 2016
    Last edited: May 10, 2016
    Photos - one week of flushing completed yesterday. Most are at 90-95 percent cloudy. a co0uple are starting to show some ambers

All are in various stages of going purple! I am pumped about that, I have seen a couple of online grows where the purple did not appear.

Zombie Kush 1

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Zombie Kush 3

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Zombie Hush 4

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Zombie Kush 7
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  11. #72 Ravenboy, May 10, 2016
    Last edited: May 11, 2016
    I have another tent with Plants about three weeks behind the 4 Zombie kush that are now in final flush.

I have three more zombie Kush , one is the super sugary trichome phenotype. AND I have two Diafem Critical, and 1 Heavyweight Dream Machine. These plants are double the size of the 4 zombies that are in final flower, and the 5 of them completely pack a 1 meter square tent

I will post some photos of these plants soon, they are now in the 5 to 6 week of flower (2 are at 5th week, 4 at 6th week)

They are moving along - they are in a tent with an amare 350 UVB. i let the plants veg too long, they are rather tall and a couple are a little spindly. I think during stretch the tent was packed too full so i got too much stretch.

And there really isn't any way to compare the internode spacing between the two tents. the other tent has 1000w actual draw of Marshydro LED, and the internode spacing on those 4 plants is only about 1 to 1.5 inches. I got a LOT more stretch in the other tent, but not all because of the difference in wattage between the two tents. Its comparing apples and oranges they way i vexed the two tents was totally different with regard to veg time and resultant crowding in the amare tent. I will say that i think the mars 1000w 5 light setup packs on buds more rapidly and more tightly than the 350w amare tent - no big surprise there. but i cant call this a comparison grow, no way.

These later plants will yield more than the first 4, how much more i am not certain. I hope its about 30 percent more. It could be more. I was running out of smoke, so the first 4 were vegged for less time, in order to get some plants into flower quickly.

the last 6 also suffered from a two week heat wave we had last february. they all appeared to have recovered, but because of the slow growth and the fact that i wanted them to be larger than the first 4, these vegged for about ten weeks!

• Like Like x 4
  12. I have ordered 4 platinum p 150s to surround my amare 350 UVB for the next grow. I will have to kick off that grow by July 15 in order to be sure to finish in november. The way I LST I usually veg for 8 weeks, and It can be very hot and humid here in december and january. It is so much better to just not grow in those two months. My AC is in the wrong part of my apartment, it helps but not enough.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Critical 1 47 days in flower

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Critical 2 47 days in flower

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  14. Dream Machine 40 days in flower

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Zombie Kush 2 47 days in flower

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  15. zombie Kush 5 40 days in flower

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Zombie Kush 6 47 Days in Flower

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  16. Which way, where - how did ya find the acid? Not all/ every Sulfuric Acid is the same. in looking I have found pool test and very thick concentrate for making biodiesel from cooking oil. nowheres for the reg batt. acid. Only time I have gotten that was with a small battery for a motorcycle or jet ski etc battery. and most of those places are not showing them separate. Where I used to live The local battery warehouse people were pretty cool not sure around here nor am I positive If there is even one was waiting to see what you were using before I went thru all that for something that wasn't even the right type. Thanks.

17. #78 Ravenboy, May 13, 2016
    Last edited: May 13, 2016
    you should be able to get battery acid at any auto parts store. if you search "battery acid cannabis on google you will find info.

Buy a gallon of distilled water. Pour out a cup of the distilled water....add 1 cup of sulphuric acid to the gallon of distilled water....and now I have a gallon of PH down. And enough sulphuric acid to last a few more years.

a ratio of 1:19 H2SO4 solution to H2O and has been the standard formula for a common sulfuric acid based homemade hydroponics pH down for ever. However, this formula actually assumes that you're starting with 33% solution. If you mix this formula using concentrated 97% H2SO4 you will end up with a nearly 5% solution. use the 33%....

be careful when diluting it. get the stuff thats at the correct strength already for using in a lead acid battery and dilute that

don't use used battery acid, it would have a lot of lead in it. .... to prevent burns, always add acid to water, never water to acid.

• Like Like x 2
  18. I'll try that I was searching all the stores sites for any combination of terms and notta