Coco newb could use any advice

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by WilliamTell, Aug 15, 2017.

1. I just got 10 clones 4 of GG#4 and 6 Critical Sensi Star they are freshly rooted and potted in coco and i see some perlite in there as well. My guy told me to keep them watered frequently and I've done alot of reading on coco i'm just curious how frequent we are talking here? if my temps are around 73-80 max, i have 540 true watt leds running about 30 inches above them they are probably using 2 to themselves and sharing the others.

[​IMG]

Sent from my LGMP450 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Water everyday to 10-20% runoff, coco is treated like growing in hydro so PH around 5.8-6.0. Your pots look way too dry.

3. Coco should never dry out and should be fed to run off with nutes - never just water. Once the roots are well established in the container they are in - feed everyday. If you plan on transplanting, I suggest you use a 70/30 coco/perlite mix.

4. Hmmmm shnickys I only have FF soil trio and my guy said since they are clones to slowly increase my watering by weight until the roots start wrapping so i don't water log the untouched coco

Sent from my LGMP450 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  5. I think you're doing it right. When I transplant I try to water at just the base of the stem. I try to keep all the coco moist overall but I try not to soak the whole container till I see some roots at the bottom. If I do full soak waterings too early, the coco gets water logged and slows growth till the roots catch up.

• Like Like x 1